Intense Tracer Build Up

Guest Omega Man

And the final product.

New crankset with 30 tooth narrow wide guy. Zee Shifter and derailleur. the correct rear wheel and tire on. No front derailleur. Oh and I turnde the handle bar mount on the dropper upside down.

post-18968-0-53763900-1386875861_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-75362700-1386875872_thumb.jpg

You're still missing the 38t rear sprocket, then it'll be complete!

Edited by Flowta

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the final product.

New crankset with 30 tooth narrow wide guy. Zee Shifter and derailleur. the correct rear wheel and tire on. No front derailleur. Oh and I turnde the handle bar mount on the dropper upside down.

Shick bike sir!

And the final product.

meh. Its ugly.

just get rid of it and get an axis 29er HT. sooo much better for france I am sure.

I will happily take the intense to a scrap yard for you.....

Just showed my wife pics of this build saying how awesome is this, she goes "They all look the same!". Sorry just had to post that.

Guest Omega Man

Just showed my wife pics of this build saying how awesome is this, she goes "They all look the same!". Sorry just had to post that.

Hahaha. That's a good thing. She won't recognize when you build a new one.

Guest Omega Man

meh. Its ugly.

just get rid of it and get an axis 29er HT. sooo much better for france I am sure.

I will happily take the intense to a scrap yard for you.....

Yeah..... I looked and they don't have one in my color so I'm gonna have to go with no.

Loving the 1x10 thing. Went for a ride at Tokai now. I hit that rock jump on DH3 fully pegged for the first time ever on a single crown bike. Felt super smooth and the step down step up into the quarry also felt super smooth.

The bike does rock back & forth a bit but i fiddled with the rear rebound and I think it's a click or 2 too slow hence the unbalanced feeling. Gonna just experiment a bit there. On the whole I could not be happier. Now all we need is that fking snow to go away and it to be July.

Guest Omega Man

If you test riding tomorrow, will see there!

Going early. 7am I'm there.

Guest Omega Man

How was it, diver man?

I got all of 100m of riding in before pfffffssstttt. The 100m felt great tho. There were 5 mechanicals that I saw this morning. 4 flats and a blown linkage bearing. I guess Madiba want's us to take the day off and do some relaxing.

Saw Tony up there. The bit that I did see he already looks faster on the new bike. Damn that Reign is one Hot bike. Anyone selling one is a fool...... Especially for 7k with a crankset and color matching Bell AM lid thrown in.

Edited by Omega Man

How was it, diver man?

Actually, I don't have all the technical terminology for the ride....suffice to say...*&&*^&)*_)(_(I&$$# AWESOME.... glorious!!! Shock settting is a bit soft but easily modified for my frame, I'm sure! Flats will take getting used to...just so used to being connected to the bike....

Upgrade (possible on this bike???!!!) = adjustable seatpost.

If Omega Man hadn't had some tech, I would have done a clean run top to bottom, but you gotta stop and shoot the breeze with mates now don't ya!?

BTW, love the Roots, man! Flipping good work y"all!

More to come...Jonkers tomorrow Yeaaarrgggghhhh! Stop me if you can!

Edited by capediver

Guest Omega Man

Had such a rad ride at Jonkers now. now. Once again the flabby bit on top of the bike was the weak link in the chain. Absolutely loving the 1x10. It feels like there's no drivetrain friction at all.

had a little OTB on the double drop thingy at the top of the new trail Bennet built. Luckily I landed on my head preventing and injury to anything of actual use. And my beautiful tracer got her first scratch in the process which I'm not very happy about.

BUT OMG. Jonkershoek is AMAZING! Please anyone. If you've not been there before go. Go with someone who knows the trails but go.

This is my last post in this thread. The bike is built. It's fun to ride. I've even had my first crash on it so mission accomplished.

Edited by Omega Man

Had such a rad ride at Jonkers now. now. Once again the flabby bit on top of the bike was the weak link in the chain. Absolutely loving the 1x10. It feels like there's no drivetrain friction at all.

had a little OTB on the double drop thingy at the top of the new trail Bennet built. Luckily I landed on my head preventing and injury to anything of actual use. And my beautiful tracer got her first scratch in the process which I'm not very happy about.

BUT OMG. Jonkershoek is AMAZING! Please anyone. If you've not been there before go. Go with someone who knows the trails but go.

This is my last post in this thread. The bike is built. It's fun to ride. I've even had my first crash on it so mission accomplished.

Double like OM post...it was AMAZING at JH!!!! Farrrkk I bekaked myself climbing that Double Black and then looking down its throat but took the plunge and was soooo stoked, I turned round and climbed right back up for another run! I want more!!!! Edited by capediver