[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic Cycle Race

Frosty

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's a dedicated batch (the last one to start on the day unfortunately).

Let me make a few calls as I seem to remember that the first person (registered in this group, that rides a MTB) across the line wins a prize - only for the 65Km distance.

Yes, it's a dedicated batch (the last one to start on the day unfortunately).

Let me make a few calls as I seem to remember that the first person (registered in this group, that rides a MTB) across the line wins a prize - only for the 65Km distance.

Hey now we talking, not the prize as i'm to slow for that, but a batch dedicated to MTb'rs in a road race, now i'm seriously thinking about doing it.

I'm part of the 139 people for the 120km's... eina pyn, but looking forward to it :thumbup:

That number will be split over two groups... VA (30-39) and VB (40-49).

It's not that bad, the extra 18Km - mostly flat, with only 2 bumps.

The weather conditions we've been experiencing lately could make it a hard race, as well as the few "ex-pro's" in the mix.

Our pre-ride was held in wet conditions, yet we still average 35km/h for the 121Km - incl. waiting for punctures to be repaired three times.

What are the requirements to race in vets for this race? I assume you need a CSA racing licence. Any seeding requirement?

CSA licence required (not confirmed)

The plan is to limit the number to 120 for each of the two groups (VA and VB).

Seeding at this point is according to CSA rules (seeding of 20, I think).

Edited by geraldm24

CSA licence required

The plan is to limit the number to 120 for each of the two groups (VA and VB).

Seeding at this point is according to CSA rules (seeding of 20, I think).

not picking a fight. Digging for info & sources...

Everywhere 20 is quoted as the cut-off for VA/VB but where in the CSA regs is this defined?

I have been through a few docs on their website but only find vague references to seeding etc but no number, nor cut-off. Entry pages quote it (and refer to generic landing pages at CSA) as if it is the Holy Gospel.

If I am blind, pleaee post a screen shot / link / whatever (and highlight the text if felt it is needed to get it past my failing eyesight)

not picking a fight. Digging for info & sources...

Everywhere 20 is quoted as the cut-off for VA/VB but where in the CSA regs is this defined?

I have been through a few docs on their website but only find vague references to seeding etc but no number, nor cut-off. Entry pages quote it (and refer to generic landing pages at CSA) as if it is the Holy Gospel.

If I am blind, pleaee post a screen shot / link / whatever (and highlight the text if felt it is needed to get it past my failing eyesight)

I have found relevant info to reply to you - I just want to spend some time with my kids while the sun is still shining. I'll reply later tonight.

I'd also like to see the FACTS regarding the infamous NATIONAL SEEDING, something that is transparent and fair. The question was posed to CSA at our route launch, and an answer about the so-called national seeding index was not forthcoming.

But to (try) answer your question please consider the following:

The CSA rules and regulations can be found here.

Go to page 17, point 3.20 (One day events - A1 National Classics), that's where this race fits in.

3.20.3.4 Veterans (Masters)

3.20.3.4.1 - Open to riders in 5 or 10 year category racing groups, dependant on number of entries

3.20.3.4.2 - Riders only require membership

3.20.3.4.3 - The organizer may apply the seeding index of the Timing Company.

3.20.3.4.4 - Women may race with specific Veteran Men Groups applications should be made to the Road Commission. The Women racing with the Veteran groups will forfeit all prizes pertaining to the Women’s Race Category (3.20.3.3) but will be eligible for any prizes available to the racing category they participate in with the Veterans.

Rule 3.20.3.4.3 states membership only, BUT a racing licence will probably be requested at number collection as it is at most number collections for Vets (Masters) age categories. We (CCMNC organisers) have asked for strict seeding for the 120Km event as we don't want cyclists that have dropped off the group to affect any of the trailing groups. CSA have confirmed they will confirm the seeding of VA and VB.

To give you an indication of the seeding vs times for our race - anything less than 12 and you really should be racing in the alphabet soup - my personal opinion and nothing to do with the organisers.

Winner's time (103km): 2:25:01

Time - - - - - > Seeding Index

02:26:29 - - - > 1,000

02:27:59 - - - > 2,000

02:29:30 - - - > 3,000

02:31:04 - - - > 4,000

02:32:39 - - - > 5,000

02:34:17 - - - > 6,000

02:35:56 - - - > 7,000

02:37:38 - - - > 8,000

02:39:22 - - - > 9,000

02:41:08 - - - > 10,000

02:42:57 - - - > 11,000

02:44:48 - - - > 12,000

02:46:41 - - - > 13,000

02:48:38 - - - > 14,000

02:50:37 - - - > 15,000

02:52:39 - - - > 16,000

02:54:43 - - - > 17,000

02:56:51- - - > 18,000

02:59:02 - - - > 19,000

03:01:17 - - - > 20,000

Conclusion

So there is a double standard according to the rules, but it's probably due to the following groups requiring a racing licence (Elite, U23, Juniors and Woman) compared to only the Vets (Masters) that don't.

Scroll further down to 3.20.18 (Start order), and you'll see we (technically) don't comply. Instead, we have shown (with evidence of average speeds of each category at our race and others) that our course is suited to a different start order. Hence the reason for our staggered start times (which some people complain about, because they don't understand how or why we do it). If you've ever caught or have been caught by another group, it makes for a less than desirable day in the saddle.

When it comes to the seeding index, ChampionChip does the seeding for our race, as they have the historical data as well as data from other races. If anyone has a problem and it's an obvious mistake then I'm sure it will be corrected.

Edited by geraldm24

what you mean exactly ?

To give you an indication of the seeding vs times for our race - anything less than 12 and you really should be racing in the alphabet soup

Anything more than 12 it should've read. And that's my opinion - not necessarily what others may agree on

lol ok, i was wondering if it was worse then 12......

well we are all entitled to have our opinion, i am far from a 12 so no comment :)

Just remember that if the Elites did the same distance, then the seeding index would be even higher.