Are you ready for a Big MTB Year?

Matt

Where do I start...

R199 for the App. Not true. I was charged in Pounds 11.76. Yes yes, so it came out at R207.xx, which is much more than R199 but it's not the displayed price. Then you here of it costing anywhere from $19.99 to $24.

What is the App like?

Slow! Moving between the trails and provinces is like a test match.

The screens do not load correctly. It must consume vast processing power as my S3 heats up significantly. Battery drops 10% in less than 10 minutes.

In the end I'm disappointed in the product. Poor GUI. Something is very wrong with the code to consume so much battery power and use the processor to such an extent. One good thing is that the developers have realised something is wrong and are supposedly correcting a few things.

I'm using the Android version and wonder if the Apple version is any better?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You’re entering a unique event in an unusual way, that’s all...

Indeed, I love the idea but the way you guys have gone about it is all wrong. The price point is random, cheap if it's good but too expensive just to 'try'. There are prizes?? it's pretty lazy to have gone to all the effort and not have secured an inkling of the prizes.

The money is not the issue, make it freemium (ie. free to try for 30 days, then pay to stay in, or lite version with base maps full version includes ranking.

Strava > Create Section > Make Public > BAM!

Create Challenge > Time Frame = 356 days

Leaderboard

App Redundant <3

I'll sign up for that, currently only 10-50 downloads on the play store.

I really like the concept and feel kudos are due to Ecobound for starting something like this, I don't mind paying the R200 for the app, but I won't because I feel it is a big negative that you have to use the app to record your ride and can't just upload from a dedicated GPS, I'm sure there are other ways you could confirm the ride is legitimate. Looking forward to seeing how this grows and improves and who knows maybe 2015 as going to be a bigger mtb year :D

hmmmm

what happens if the photo that I took is not of the BIGMTByear board, but just of the places name board.

Rode Rietvlei this morning, haven't seen the BIGMTBYear board anywhere.

G

hmmmm

what happens if the photo that I took is not of the BIGMTByear board, but just of the places name board.

G

No podium then.

hmmmm

G

Good excuse to ride it again.

Thats happening already,

First rode it on Sunday, then on Monday, but they had a problem with program, and discovered you needed to take photo before hitting finish, so rode it this morning again, but now realised I have not seen the sign board anywhere, so simply took a photo of the sign board as you enter the MTB parking area.

G

Good excuse to ride it again.

See the app is going to be relaunched, when they have sorted out all the bugs, Looking forward to seeing what they will change.

• 4 weeks later...