speed wobble

Evan Andreou

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His speciality is the functioning of the bicycle, so I would say he is an expert. Probably the most qualified expert in SA...

His speciality is the functioning of the bicycle' date=' so I would say he is an expert. Probably the most qualified expert in SA...[/quote']

Me too!  But then I'd also say that the functioning of a bicycle probably only needs the first six months of engineering physics to understand.  So I reckon Johan has a bit of sparce capacity there LOL

Now that is a very interesting topic. Your "wobbles" should actually act like dampers. Maybe that is why your bike doesn't get speed wobbles. What do you say Johan? (come on, be a sport and joke a bit... Big%20smile)

The only wobbles I've got are part of me and not the bike' date=' though sometimes they do occur at speed....

[/quote']

Now why cant i get a picture of this harmonic out of my mind? Wink

Now that is a very interesting topic. Your "wobbles" should actually act like dampers. Maybe that is why your bike doesn't get speed wobbles. What do you say Johan? (come on' date=' be a sport and joke a bit... Big%20smile)

[/quote']

I'd say she has a high Q-factor and she is underdamped.  So her resonant frequency is close to her natural frequency.  She needs to put on a couple of kilo's Big%20smile

I'm an expert on the human body!! But I wont pontificate on the 'wobbliness' of any females body!! Why?! Coz I'm a frigging genius!!!

I'm an expert on the human body!! But I wont pontificate on the 'wobbliness' of any females body!! Why?! Coz I'm a frigging genius!!!

A genius with experience!

c < 1? Mmmmmm

dF = m * (dx/dt)^2 + c * dx/dt + kx

Yes, ok, I agree then. She needs to put on about 2.3573418kg and she will get a speed wobble. That is assuming she is riding Conti Comp and a spoke on her rear wheel is 3% under tension.

A genius with experience!

c < 1? Mmmmmm

dF = m * (dx/dt)^2 + c * dx/dt + kx

Stop it, you're exciting me Embarrassed  And now my stem length has changed!!