Santa Cruz limited Edition Minnaar V10 replica.....

Stretch

Guest Omega Man

Yea, which makes sense...didn't he said the only thing that made him faster were the tyres....which was a risky but he could manage it considering where he knew he could potentially puncture

Ja. What a hero. I swear at least half of SA sportsmen should ask him for tips on handling pressure and BMT.

It irritates me when poms say sh%t like hometown advantage and the track was custom made for him. The weight of expectation on him was huge. To deliver under pressure like that is incredible.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no ways he'll run anything that could jeopardize a win. I am sure that the bigger wheels would have already been extensively tested and if they made a significant difference, they would already be on his bike.

There may still be some developments to come however.... You can never say never though.

Ja. What a hero. I swear at least half of SA sportsmen should ask him for tips on handling pressure and BMT.

It irritates me when poms say sh%t like hometown advantage and the track was custom made for him. The weight of expectation on him was huge. To deliver under pressure like that is incredible.

Totally...watching the peaty series..Greg was extremely anxious on the morning of his run because of the expectation...how you bottle that up and perform at speeds like that is incredible

Too true, in a game of milliseconds he had huge bmt....it must have actually been kuk for him, pressure / stress wise.

There is no ways he'll run anything that could jeopardize a win. I am sure that the bigger wheels would have already been extensively tested and if they made a significant difference, they would already be on his bike.

There may still be some developments to come however.... You can never say never though.

And if ever a bigger wheel was going to be used..it was cascades

Guest Omega Man

This has turned into a Minnaar man crush thread .....

Hahaha. And rightfully so.

Ok I'll admit it. If I had the $ I'd buy that replica bike in a heartbeat. But it would never ever be ridden. It would go straight in my man cave next to my Colin Edwards replica Castrol Honda WSBK.

It's a hypothetical scenario I'll admit.

Edited by Omega Man

Hahaha. And rightfully so.

Ok I'll admit it. If I had the $ I'd buy that replica bike in a heartbeat. But it would never ever be ridden. It would go straight in my man cave next to my Colin Edwards replica Castrol Honda WSBK.

.... and my Kevin Schwantz 2 smoke Pepsi Suzuki GP bike.....

Guest Omega Man

.... and my Kevin Schwantz 2 smoke Pepsi Suzuki GP bike.....

OOOoooooh. For me it would have to be the Garry McCoy Red Bull Yamaha. And the Mc Grath 250cc Honda Supercross bike. Just spark it up every now and then to fill the room with that smell.

Edited by Omega Man

His first full year of GP was on a Pepsi Suzuki (Rode the Pepsi bike for two years and then changed sponsorship to Luckies). He did however win his championship in '93 on a Luckies bike.

http://www.kevinschwantz.com/book-pages/images/BIKE1993.jpg