Cracked carbon fibre frame.

Dewald3

After a recent service of my specialized stumpjumper fsr carbon, the lbs told me I have a crack in my frame, the crack is located behind the rear shock, where the main frame post and the vertical post meets. The crack isn't big, hairline thickness, but it's there. Is there anything I can do to fix it i.e carbon welding or is it the end of my frame.

Can anyone please give advice to help me?!

There are Hubbers who do carbon repairs. Somebody will sort you out. I just cant remember who. Good Luck!

Frame replacement warranty? You the original owner? Got the invoice / proof of purchase? Let your lbs sort it out with the local Specialized agent.

Otherwise carbon can be repaired by someone that knows how to do it right. The Hub will soon tell you exactly who to talk to! (I don't know :blush: )

I'm in joburg so will def phone Stephen and see what he can do for me,Thanks Guys really appreciate it!!!!

Just had mine repaired by PG Carbon. Did a great job. Call Greg 083 284 0705. They are in Benoni. Specialized actually use them.

After a recent service of my specialized stumpjumper fsr carbon, the lbs told me I have a crack in my frame, the crack is located behind the rear shock, where the main frame post and the vertical post meets. The crack isn't big, hairline thickness, but it's there. Is there anything I can do to fix it i.e carbon welding or is it the end of my frame.

Can anyone please give advice to help me?!

My LBS referred me to Paul (0834230944), but I have not yet made contact or used his services...think he is somewhere on East Rand. Good luck.

My LBS referred me to Paul (0834230944), but I have not yet made contact or used his services...think he is somewhere on East Rand. Good luck.

Paul Farrance? If so, he works with the Greg mentioned above. Benoni-based. Paul used to be the chief mech at Barloworld.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know anyone in Durban?

Am also looking for someone. I heard Concept Cycles in Hillcrest have someone ?

Am also looking for someone. I heard Concept Cycles in Hillcrest have someone ?

cool they are close by. I will contact them tomorrow and let you know