TMB - Cape Town Road Ride

Rydogg

This is the Table Mountain Bikers Club Road Ride.

We will try it out and see how we can cater for as many people as possible. We will also change it up every now and then.

Currently the format will be as follows:

Tuesdays for now.

From town, outside Revolution Cycles @ 6:00am, please bring lights,

Around Green Point, Sea Point, Camps Bay,

Up Llandudno Hill. Some people can turn around here, if they want.

Carry on through Hout Bay,

Up Chappies,

Back the same way.

It will be aimed at medium riders, and as a recovery ride for stronger riders. We will sprint up the 3 major climbs and wait at the top.

+/- 2 hours.

Edited by Rydogg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool idea. All the best. How about skipping Tafelberg and hitting Victoria road all the way to Lundado?

Edited by Cippo

I usually just do 2 intervals of 20mins each but only go to the top of cablecar entrance & then descend into camps bay but cut out signal hill & go to cablecar entrance again. The signal hill just flattens out too Much for my liking. The tricky part is Negotiating the traffic at the intersection if

You coming up the glen to Get to Tafelberg road.

There are loads of ways to do it and we can change it up if you want. The main aim is making it a regular thing and climbing with other guys helps you push a little harder than if you're on your own.

What about a bypass to Llandudno and back up.

If you're looking at smashing it in Camps bay then you need to take in Geneva Drive and up Camps bay drive as well as down.

Ingleside road climb, Athole section off GD and don't forget Fiskraal to Therssa Av.

It will be aimed at stronger riders, but we will inevitably wait at the top of the hills for some people. You can also just join for 1 or 2 of the 4 main climbs if you wish.

Kloof - cable car.

Kloof - signal hill

The Glen - Signal Hill

The Glen - Cable Car

Camps bay drive from PnP robots to Kloof circle or cable car.

Beach road into Athole-Geneva-camps bay drive -Cable car.

Hi guys,

Climbing sessions were supposed to start this morning, but nobody pitched up. Back to work Monday morning blues...?

We will have the first session next Monday 13 Jan @ 06:30am.

Totally missed the start date in the original post. I'm off away until the 16th now but will be keen from then as long as you're not all beast mountain goats by then!

Did Nek - Down Glen - Up Geneva yesterday morning at the start of a chappies ride. Not in great condition to be honest but it's a new year, the last 3 months injuries are behind me and I'm now ready to get back some form.

Cool, join us when you can. I would like to structure it so that it can cater for a wide variety of climbers.

Adding climbing just once a week does wonders to your riding.