TMB - Cape Town Road Ride

Rydogg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lazy bums! You missed out on a beautiful morning in Cape Town...

How many did have in the group?

I will join you from time to time. Sunday is a training day for me, so I am generally off the bike on Monday's. You might find that it's the same for other riders. Personally, I think Friday is a better day to do this ride, but that's just me.

There were 2 of us...

Maybe Mondays aren't the best, especially with all the races on Sundays for the next 3 months.

If more people are happy with Friday, we can change it no problem.

Who would be in?

Hang in there! I spoke to a couple guys and they prefer another day of the week. Tuesday, Friday. Wednesday we do an mtb ride and Thursday we do our night ride. That would exclude a few of us.

Perhaps also open the ride to less strong riders. Eventually , when the ride takes off, the riders will join up as per abilities anyway.

I am keen to try that TT but I'm not sure on the route. I'll have to come once and follow someone, then outsprint them in the last 100m.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been doing, 1st interval, Kloof street to Singal hill for the past 3 weeks, 2nd interval glen to signal hill, usually between 6-7am

Hey, are you guys still riding this? If so please give me a shout and let me know average pace?

Also if there are any Mountain bikers out there I just moved here from Jozi, looking for anyone to ride with. Normally average 16-18kph on my MTB. Looking to go faster.

Cool thanks.

Hey, are you guys still riding this? If so please give me a shout and let me know average pace?

Also if there are any Mountain bikers out there I just moved here from Jozi, looking for anyone to ride with. Normally average 16-18kph on my MTB. Looking to go faster.

Cool thanks.

Check out www.tablemountainbikers.co.za Quite a few weekly rides on table mountain you can join.

did a version of this yesterday after the usual Camps to Chappies and back.

- Camps up Geneva to Kloof and across to Cableway

- Cableway down Camps bay drive

- Up past Roundhouse / Glen to top of Glen, down Kloof Nek.

- Back up Kloof, Down Camps Bay drive... police car park, car, home.

Looks like climbing sessions are too personal and it's impossible for them to fit into everyone's schedule.
agree, just way to complicated. I've only really been making the effort in the morning cause we had the league HILL TT climb up there yesterday & I had a partner leaving my neck of the hoods at 5am. We had similar objectives & schedules cause we both raced league on Sunday & Monday was our off days. So it worked out perfect.