A Tribute to the BUNDABERG Run

Peach.

Looks like a lot of fun, and it looks like a very friendly group of riders. Next time I'm in Joburg, I am definitely going to ride this section of trail.

It's not going to measure up to what you've got locally but it's what we've got.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks really awesome .

where is it,where to park ,some info please

It's on the spruit. Down river from Fratelli's.

If you park at fratelli's and head down, you'll see a concrete bridge on your right just after you pass old parks. Cross the river via the bridge and continue heading down. (You'll have a green palacade fence on your right and the hurlingham suburb on the other side of that fence. Keep on that path and not long after you go through a little dip (dried up stream) you'll see a ski jump to your right, acc the line to your left (dropping down towards the river).

Hope that helps.

Anyone should feel free to come give it a go. The Spruit fairy builds stuff for all to enjoy...

...even if they get sleepy reading about it.

Come along and have fun on your bike!

Edited by patches

I taught him everything he knows. A whole lesson was dedicated to "face pulling while jumping".

As for the bike... It's only 4" (not 6), so he will not be inducted into any bicycle gang anytime soon.

I thought we'd lowered the bar to 5.5 in order to earn the Rata Del Spruit TLDs. Anything below that is basically a rigid fork, though.

I don't have a 6"...

And I'll be going with my HT SS when I'm back in jhb.... so I guess him and I can for our own gang.

We are spoilt to have this in our back yard as an 'after work afternoon' ride.

I don't have a 6"...

And I'll be going with my HT SS when I'm back in jhb.... so I guess him and I can for our own gang.

I thought you had a bright orange Kittem?

I don't have a 6"...

We are spoilt to have this in our back yard as an 'after work afternoon' ride.

Why not the KTM, you won't even feel it if you case.

I thought you had a bright orange Kittem?

Why not the KTM, you won't even feel it if you case.

Cause by the time I'm at the 3rd table I'm tired of pedalling "fat bastard"!

Maybe I shouldn't ride it from home.

Edit: he has helped me out of a terrible nose dive not too long ago though. If only 'someone here' could take video footage of bike+rider-on-bike and not just rider-on-bike while doing nerv wrecking things....

Edited by hayleyearth

• 2 weeks later...

What time do you guys want to go?

With this heat I'd have to say late afternoon. But I'll only go if you pledge allegiance to the Spruit Rat and wear TLDs.

With this heat I'd have to say late afternoon. But I'll only go if you pledge allegiance to the Spruit Rat and wear TLDs.

But tights aren't that warm!

Okay okay I'll wear some TLDs, but only the pants. The top I keep for proper DH.

I'm planning on leaving my place around 14:30ish. Be there around 3. (Thinking of doing the Barry ride which starts in Linden at 18:30). I'm taking the KTM.