[Event] The PPA Ribbens Office National Summer League 2014

Oortjies

Event Name: The PPA Ribbens Office National Summer League 2014
When: 11 January 2014 - 23 February 2014
Where: Multiple Locations, Western Cape
Category: Road

New 2014 Summer League promises great racing

The Pedal Power Association is pleased to announce that the 2014 Summer League will consist of a combined calendar of league races (funrides with a racing component) and other events to provide league riders with a total of seven events to compete in, with Ribbens Office National (RON) coming onboard as the sponsor of the Summer League. Substantial prize money will be on offer.

The running of the 2014 Summer League has been outsourced and will take place in close collaboration with the Western Province Cycling Association.

“We are really excited about the 2014 Summer League,” said PPA Chairman Steve Hayward. “By combining resources and events, this will be the most intense league in years and we are confident that it will provide great racing in the Western Cape.”

The 2014 Summer league brings about several other changes.

“The racing format will change to category racing, catering for elites, sub-vets, masters, women, juniors and senior scholars. In addition, a club category for clubs registered within the Western Cape is being introduced to the league,” explained the WPCA’s road commissioner and league organiser, Eugene Strydom. “We trust that these changes will add up to provide cyclists with solid racing opportunities and look forward to seeing exciting racing in the Summer.”

The events are:

Stage 1: Sat 11 January 2014 – RON Tour de Philadelphia (88 km) *

Stage 2: Sun 19 January 2014 – Tour de PPA league and funride (110 km / 72 km U16) *

Stage 3: Sun 26 January 2014 – Bouckaert-Soenen league and funride (126 km / 72 km – U16)

Stage 4: Sun 2 Feb 2014 – Rollercoaster league and funride (81 km)

Stage 5: Sun 9 Feb 2014 – RON Signal Hill hill climb (5.24 km)

Stage 6: Sun 16 Feb 2014 – Tour de Medallion league and funride (101 km / U16 tbc)

Stage 7: Sun 23 Feb 2014 – RON Cape Town Criterium (1 hour + 1 lap)

• Stages 1 and 2: Routes to be confirmed due to current road works.

Riders can enter the following categories:

CAT1: PPA seeding of A – C; Elite men and junior men (gear restrictions for juniors).

CAT2: PPA seeding of A – C; Subvets or older male riders

CAT3: PPA seeding of D – F. Vets, Masters, Women, Open.

CAT4: U16 males (gear restrictions) and interclub riders

Categories will be split into two start groups should the total number of entrants for that category exceed 120. A team competition will be held in categories 1, 2 and 4. Rules for the 2014 PPA Ribbens Office National Summer League will be made available shortly.

For more information, please email Eugene on info@wpcyclingevents.co.za. Entries will open on Tuesday 17 December 2013. Entries for the first event will close on 6 January 2014, after which entries will reopen after 11 January for riders wishing to join the league for the second event. Entries into the league will be taken for individual events at an additional admin fee, should there be entries available for that event.

For online entries and more information, please visit www.wpcyclingevents.co.za

Go to Event Page

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CAT 3 Team entry: Can we enter a mixed CAT 3 team consisting of Vets, Open and Lady riders or should we all be of the same sub category?

CAT 3 Team entry: Can we enter a mixed CAT 3 team consisting of Vets, Open and Lady riders or should we all be of the same sub category?

If we get at least 3 teams to enter the CAT3 open team competition there will be a Open team competition. As like all the other team competitions.

Can we use the Lights by Linea Race number we also had to purchase? Or must we buy another new/separate number?

Can we use the same timing chips we purchased last year for the Lights by Linea races?

Hi, you do not have to purchase a new timing chip if you have the chip used in the Lights by Linea races. You will however get a email later to ask you to return this chip which would then be replaced free of charge with a new chip which is embedded in a frame number.

Can we pick the stuff up in the morning of the race? Do not have time to trek around on Friday.

Where did you get that info from?

On the website I was registering online on of theirs. Says can pick up Friday from 2 onwards in n suburbs

ok thanks i missed that. can you post details for me please, thanks

http://www.about2time.com/?page_id=493

ees and How to Enter

Please note you should make a payment via electronic transfer into the bank account of WPCyclingEvents PRIOR to completing your entry form below. You will be required to ATTACH this payment proof to your application form.

Name: WPCyclingEvents

Bank: Nedbank

Branch: 109810 (N1 City)

Account Number: 1063824907

Reference: YOUR ID NUMBER

Online Race Entry Fees

Online Event Entry Fee (PPA Members): R110

Online Event Entry Fee (Non-PPA Members): R130

Late Entry Fee: R150

Timing Chip: R50

Online Entries Close: Wednesday 8 Jan 2014

If you do not own an About2Time timing chip you should purchase one for R50 if you would like an official time and a completion photo. Please include this with your payment. Your About2Time timing chip can be used for all events timed by About2Time or Mobii Timing System (Please note you CANNOT use your racetec chip for an official time during this event).

Your number and purchased timing chip can be collected at: Cycle Centre, Edward Street, Bellville, Selective House on Friday the 10 January from 14h00 to 19h00.

The web site was definitely altered as that info is not currently displayed in the same position but nonetheless, I got the info required. The alternative collection point is the PPA office in the Southern Suburbs on Thursday.

Just to confirm; league packs can be collected this Friday at Cycle Centre???

yes or thusrday at ppa offices.