[Event] Tour De Boland 2014

Seepglad

Event Name: Tour De Boland 2014
When: 4 March 2014 - 7 March 2014
Where: Winelands District Municipality, Western Cape
Category: Road

The Bestmed Tour de Boland, presented by AG, is a four-day road cycling stage race that takes place in the Boland wine regions of South Africa. It comprises an individual time-trial, and three road stages, the final stage being a mountain top finish.

Info on Boland Cycling while Entries are now OPEN on Cycle Events

Go to Event Page

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is, and will be, as most other years proved.

We're also working on a day to day option, where one can opt just to ride a stage or two, in a bunch earlier and separate to the main race.

More like "able to finish an Argus Tour in 2:50min or less".

This is similar to the Giro that use to take place....not an event for the average cyclist. Correct?

More like "able to finish an Argus Tour in 2:50min or less".

This is similar to the Giro that use to take place....not an event for the average cyclist. Correct?

That's what i was was wondering....

one bunch for the 'sub-3's' and one bunch for the 'sub-4's'....

if the 'average cyclist' would like to ride it, most welcome....will enforce cut-offs at various points, for sake of safety etc.

if the 'average cyclist' would like to ride it, most welcome....will enforce cut-offs at various points, for sake of safety etc.

Awesome. But I dont see the average (even slightly above avg) cyclist wanting to race a few days before the Argus Tour. Eventho I qualify for a 3:15 bunch....I'll be taking it easy during that last week.

Nothing average in its current form unless you comfortably Sub 3 Argus. I like it and so it should be. Maybe there should be a "Lites" route which may cut off a KM for each stage so the 3:30 Argus rider can experience racing a Tour.

I did the 1st ever TdB and the strength it has gone from strength to strength but I did not enter last year with the TTT format where they just grouped singles together in a team. This should of ben tought of beforehand and the route was not what is was previous years.

However this route looks back to what it was and I will once again partake for the good times.

2011 was ideal, with two bunches, both made up of racing types, with mountains, long roads, etc all in the mix.

2012 did not even happen, and 2013 budget was still too small to spend the money on long open roads....

Why could this race not be over the weekend before or after the Argus so that us working people could also take part? Start on Friday afternoon and finish on a Monday?

Why could this race not be over the weekend before or after the Argus so that us working people could also take part? Start on Friday afternoon and finish on a Monday?

Argus Mtb is the weekend before and the Epic the week after the World Funride Championship!

I know you said two bunches, but I assume there won't be another split in first bunch between Pros/Elites and Vets? It's kind of difficult to race with the former if you're the latter, especially over those climbs!

we'll split once there's good numbers on the oldies' front....and offer separate prize monies.....cool?

we'll split once there's good numbers on the oldies' front....and offer separate prize monies.....cool?

Yeah :clap:

I'm assuming this tour is different to the Cape Rouleur happening from 2-9 March?? How does the 2 compare???

www.caperouleur.com

Archived