[Event] Tour De Boland 2014

Seepglad

By the way - gaan jy ry JP?!

our event is a race, theirs is a ride, with a few small race sections thrown in the middle of each day.

Dollars!! Did you check the entry fee for the Rouler?

Its a race for the Rich and Famous (lol).

By the way - gaan jy ry JP?!

I would have love to, but im doing that 'other' rich and famous ride :ph34r:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I'de love to do this one, but not if the numbers are low. How many riders were there in the previous years?

around 150 but this year probably round 500 due to larger marketing efforts into the non-pro market

Thats interesting! With the second lap of Summer League the next day, I would have expected numbers to be much lower.

• 1 month later...

@latrinus emmer - can you confirm that the prize giving will be held at Le Pommier every evening at 20pm? If so, you're making life difficult logistically if you have to finish the race at Riebeeck West one day and Tulbach the other, then drive back to Le Pommier and then back again to those starting points?

@latrinus emmer - can you confirm that the prize giving will be held at Le Pommier every evening at 20pm? If so, you're making life difficult logistically if you have to finish the race at Riebeeck West one day and Tulbach the other, then drive back to Le Pommier and then back again to those starting points?

@andy, prize giving will be as per UCI standard, within 10min of the winners crossing the line...ONLY the race briefing and first prize giving will be on first night.

Final prize giving back at Le Pommier asap after the final stage.

I would really like to put this on my bucket list (aka next year). Will you be able to cater for Joe (really) Average? I will do Panorama this year and Boland would be a great follow-up. I think you must give an indication of the lowest level/ grading / seeding rider that you will cater for. More is surely better?

@talus, this is where ASG would like to go with this event - it does also depend on several other factors.

Cant wait for this event. The organisers have taken this race to the top step and is going to be fantastic. Highlight of the road races in Western Cape for me

• 2 weeks later...
andy, how did.it.go?
en toe was dit soos jy voorspel het

Wonderlik gewees! Dankie vir al die reëlings. Moenie ophou nie, maar bou hierop vir volgende jaar. My bene was 'n bietjie seer vandag :)

Archived