Transbaviaans 2014

Garfield2010

Looking for accommodation for 3pax, anyone have some spare rooms in the accommodation they have booked?

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid .....or not so.....Question. We are a 2 girl team . If I understand it correct, the route is selfnavigating and with that I mean there is no route markers? So with two newbies doing the ride, what are our chances of getting lost in the dark?

Correct it is unmarked, but stupid as it may seem the wrong routes are marked about 1km into the wrong route. My question has always been; if you are going to mark the WRONG route, why not just mark the correct route at the junctions. It is the same amount of work, if not less.

But that is how it is.

Re your question, it is easy to stay on the route, however, in the dark, you could miss a checkpoint. Especially Bergplaas and the unmanned checkpoint I think it is CP6. Make sure you know where these are and you will be fine. Those are the only real danger point.

Looking for accommodation for 3pax, anyone have some spare rooms in the accommodation they have booked?

We're selling our accommodation, the person busy buying the entry won't be needing it. it's for 3 people at Seashells in Jeffreys Bay, please let me know if you're interested.

Q for those who've done it before - how long does the start window span out i.e what is the likely time for the last batch of riders away?

Also curious how the decide your start time - trying to get a rough handle on what our latest arrival in J-bay might be

Edit: just found the event schedule: says race cut-off in J-Bay is 10am. That implies a mass start if everyone gets thefull 24hrs, or am I missing something?

Mass start unless you were in the top 50 teams last year, then you get to start in the front. It can get messy at the back so if you are interested in racing try and get there early. But that being said its mostly open road so you can pass pretty easily once you are on to the main dirt roads.

I like the idea that the route is unmarked and that they offer assistance a km into the wrong route, everyone knows that you must read your directions you receive at registration. But they do offer some help if you take the wrong turnoff, I mean... what is a extra km if your going to do 240 of them. I did it last year and I'm a total novice rider and its a really easy route to follow, its not like your going to get to a section and the road splits into 3 sections and you have to choose which way to go.

only 8 weeks left and I am still struggling to do 100km 2000m climb, bombed on 70km twice in two weeks

k

no worries Mr.E, I had a accident on day 2 of the Sani2C and finally the Dr. gave me the go ahead a couple of hours ago to start with some road cycling again, so now I can also start with training again for the TB, so just over 3 weeks off the bike and going for a 100km cycle on Saturday :)

Yoh, if I may ask, who are you riding with because I only knoe of maybe 4 guys capable of doing that

As ek jou se moet ek jou doodmaak :ph34r:

EPO van der Merwe en Piston Koekemoer

Hi guys

I know this is a loooooong shot, but we are desperately looking for a 2 man team entry for Trans Baviaans.

T

Are you still looking for a 2 man entry?

I know that eliseswanepoel is, she's got an ad in the classifieds

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where we can get a GPS route for the TB?

The link on the TB website does not work.

still struggling with the 100k rides, did 3 last week, the ave's are bad, struggling with the climbs, bitching about the cold :) its going to be a long day in the saddle for me