Nofearnofun

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gauteng needs Enduro races. Full stop.

Bad timing for me. Cash and work.

agreed.... why no Enduro in Gauteng? plenty of gnarly places where races can be hosted....

and it's SA's economic hub, makes sense to cater for riders with money up here.

Edited by wiledog_x

I am in, family arrangements permitting. Let the venue guessing begin...

The venue is the hill n dale trails also know as Bartlett estate. No one I know actually knows of the place.

The venue is the hill n dale trails also know as Bartlett estate. No one I know actually knows of the place.

IT IS NOT BARTLETTS ESTATE ...

Its Hill n' Dale trails - I have been kaked on a couple of times for the wrong name as it was changed a couple of years ago and the farmer is quite specific about this ...

It is in Hammarsdale right next to the N3.

Directions to Hill 'n' Dale Trails are as follow :

On the N3, take the Hammersdale offramp and travel up the 385 Main Road towards Hammersdale town. After approx. 1.4km take the FIRST road to the right (D657). After 50m turn RIGHT (by the big Gumtrees) into Edwards Drive (Dirt Road). Follow this road up the hill into the Sugar Cane of Hill 'n Dale Trails. Take the LEFT turn signposted "Workshop" near the top of the hill for the XCO/Enduro parking or continue to the top of the hill for the DH parking.

GPS Co-ords are 29°45'21.96" S, 30°38'21.91" E

post-16861-0-66113500-1389014725_thumb.jpg

not sure what Sydney has planned for the Enduro - but ALL the trails are BRAND NEW ...

The DH i have built is short but fun - but with no rain over this past week it is just powder at the moment.

So should make for some interseting racing

Will be interested to see how the Enduro fits into the Provincial format with timing etc.

not sure what Sydney has planned for the Enduro - but ALL the trails are BRAND NEW ...

The DH i have built is short but fun - but with no rain over this past week it is just powder at the moment.

So should make for some interseting racing

Will be interested to see how the Enduro fits into the Provincial format with timing etc.

Thanks for the directions. New trails in unknown place, sounds like fun!

Booked accommodation near Cascades, so will drive to there every morning!

How is the venue regarding spectators and catering (food & drink)?

There is no onsite catering - i am not sure if there will be vendors who will come down that are sometimes at the other races.

So just to be on the safe side - bring your own food and drink.

From PMB the venue is about 20min drive.

for those of you who are coming down from JHB for the weekend for the Enduro - think of staying on and doing the DH the next day - the track is not at all difficult and can easily be ridden on a trail bike.

I should avoid reading this tread because I am not going down this weekend :(

Would have done both for sure!

Enjoy guys

-_-

Just so you all know - KZN MTB are trying something different this year ...

If you enter 2 events for a weekend Provincial (say Enduro and DH) ... the entry for the 2nd event is reduced drastically.

So we are trying to make it more affordable for people to do more events rather than just focusing on just one ...

Once final things are out i will let you all know the structure - but AFAIK (and please dont quote me on this) ... its R150 for a single event - then R200 for 2 events (so you save R50 per event) ....

Pretty cool IMO

Just so you all know - KZN MTB are trying something different this year ...

If you enter 2 events for a weekend Provincial (say Enduro and DH) ... the entry for the 2nd event is reduced drastically.

So we are trying to make it more affordable for people to do more events rather than just focusing on just one ...

Once final things are out i will let you all know the structure - but AFAIK (and please dont quote me on this) ... its R150 for a single event - then R200 for 2 events (so you save R50 per event) ....

Pretty cool IMO

Entered for Enduro and DH! :clap:

I should avoid reading this tread because I am not going down this weekend :(

Would have done both for sure!

Enjoy guys

-_-

Sien ons you by die volgende een?

Sien ons you by die volgende een?

15/16 Feb?

Yip. I'll go to that one. Maybe we should think about leaving the Friday morning EARLY again!