Biggest Club Rides

decibach db

Hi

Just wondering if we can find out who has the biggest Club rides on weekends.

Don't have to be CLUBS as such - maybe even just cyclists getting together and ride?

I know that the Saturday morning rides in the South of JHB at the LIDO is well over 50 cyclists every weekend on Saturdays at 07h00.

Where else and what times -

Cheers

DB

At weekends it must be Cyclelab JHB, at times there must be up to 400-500 in the various groups.

With us they split and leave in 15 Min intervals... So you normally have one or two a groups, one or two b, sometimes up to 3 c groups, one or maybe two d groups and then of course an e group.

There are plenty marshalls per group and then there are two recovery vehicles on route.

With us they split and leave in 15 Min intervals... So you normally have one or two a groups' date=' one or two b, sometimes up to 3 c groups, one or maybe two d groups and then of course an e group.

There are plenty marshalls per group and then there are two recovery vehicles on route.
[/quote']

And this happens with every ride?

It's amazing how much effort goes in to a club.

Be carefull of Bruce's, Club 100 and Cyclelab as they do not stop at robots or 4-way stops. When I am in their territory I normally stop at all crossings ..... even if there is no regulatory signs.

Be carefull of Bruce's' date=' Club 100 and Cyclelab as they do not stop at robots or 4-way stops. When I am in their territory I normally stop at all crossings ..... even if there is no regulatory signs.[/quote']

moet minder stop en meer trap

The Engen to Engen weekday morning rides in Bryanston can get more than 300 riders. Biggest weekend club rides are definitely in Joburg and usually in the last 6 weeks or so leading up to big race like Argus or 94.7. I've estimated there to be well over 500 on some club rides - usually Cycle Lab and Club 100 get these big numbers. Haven't done a Pretoria ride but judging by the popularity of cycling there, they can't be far off in terms of numbers.

These club rides get more cyclists than most races in other provinces! Amazing.

Be carefull of Bruce's' date=' Club 100 and Cyclelab as they do not stop at robots or 4-way stops. When I am in their territory I normally stop at all crossings ..... even if there is no regulatory signs.[/quote']

moet minder stop en meer trap

lol, se hom, jou fiets moet Sondag hou ne, ons moet 'n lekker brake away kry

STRONGLY DISAGREE!

Cyclelab marshalls on the saturday rides have been instructed to stop at every red robot and we do. In the past when the groups were smaller, then there was a tendency to quietly ignore red robots but now that does not happen.

Hi All,

Gee i cant remember the last time i posted something. But i read the topics regularly. Smile

With our JHB club having just over 1 300 members u can be sure that our marshalls are trained, regulated and very committed. There is a an annual marshal roster, sign on register, a pay back package from the club to that dedicated marshal member, So they take the 'job' very seriously indeed.
Our summer rides (leading up to Cycle Tour and 94,7 Cycle Challenge) can have up to 600/700 riders on a Saturday morning. We have 8-9 groups leaving in intervals of 5 min and the lead marshals stick to an average speed that it set for that particular group. They also have regular re-grouping points and as you say they have strict instructions to not jump red robots.
Have a great weekend of cycling coming up and safe racing to those doing Sabie and Macsteel Carnical City. Smile

Awesome comment from a man that has just come back to SA, are you bored and stirring againAngry Sometime I wonder why you post some comments you do.

I have seen club 100, cycle lab and many other clubs on the road and I can honestly say that Cycle Lab hold there heads high when it comes to the rules and obeying all road signs when out on the road.

Skye2008-02-21 11:02:14