Swimming lessons for a 1 year old in cape town?

breaker

So this holiday saw my daughter go crazy whenever she was near a swimming pool or the sea, actually became quite scary as she would dash so bloody quickly to it. Anyway she loves the water, so I thought I'd get her some swimming lessons.

Can anyone recommend any good places in Cape Town, preferably weekends?

She is a 1yr 5mths/ 17Months old.

Southern suburbs.Virgin active is an option, however sometimes I question the hygiene of their pools, saw some freaky stuff floating on more than one occasion :eek:

My kids learned with Simply Swimming (simplyswimming.co.za) and they were great. They have been around for quite some time, cater for a whole range from babies to competitive swimmers and have a few convenient placed you can go to.

B.t.w. the owners (Sarah Jane and Tim Osrin) are also serious cyclists.

I cannot tell you how SUPER it is to get your kids to be water safe, do it!

I cannot tell you how SUPER it is to get your kids to be water safe, do it!

Indeed... it is! Mine's not QUITE there yet, but we spent a great amount of time in the pool over the holidays. Teaching him to hold his breath if he goes under, telling him how to roll onto his back and getting him happier with the water. He was also already very happy with the water, so it's just a case of improving his enjoyment through showing him it's not something to be afraid of.

The progression he has shown was amazing. Normally, though, he goes to the VA hosted one. And then when there isn't a class, he swims with mom.

there is a place called Lindsay's swimm school, my son swam there when he was a year. It is in Bothasig though, the woman is a bit roff, but good at teaching. And it is an indoor pool.

Aqua crazy in Pinelands, pm for contact details.

i highly recommend Aqua crazy in pinelands. the owner Thania is just brilliant with little ones. all 3 my boys are/were her students.