New Starter Riders on Trails: Suggestion and advice

CrimsonWolf

Hi Everyone. I just got into the sport and are planning on going on a first trail ride soon. What time of day would be a good time for a newbie to take to the trail? I don't want to be a pain to riders who are regulars as I think everyone should be considerant towards each other and would liek to try and ajust the time I ride according to that.

Also, I have just joined Tygerberg MTB club and wanna do one of the trails the clum manage. Any suggestions to where and on what route to start?

Have a great evening ppl!

A great trail for beginners is meerendal. Nice sinlge track and not technical. Time...... i would say around 9ish, but most guys are friendly and patient. Otherwise give jonkershoek a try more demanding but lots and lots of space. Best would be to get a"guide" or hubber to ride with in jonkers, not to get lost:-)

Meerendal is the best trail for beginners. Go whatever time you want. Its not like a race where 100's of people are riding.

The faster / more skilled riders will be at Contermans or Hoogekraal so u don't have to worry about them.

Contermans Green route is also good for novices. Its 8km's.

If u want to venture a little further then go try Oak Valley in Grabouw.

I wouldn't suggest jonkers for v v beginner people. It's at a level higher than meerendal, much like tokai trails (but tokai is in a stage if redevelopment at the moment so not a fair comparison to jonkers ito technicality and trail quality)

Try meerendal, oak valley, Lebanon and sections of delvera. Also contermans blue and green.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys, hoping somebody can assist?

Is it possible to access Tokai from Spaanschemacht road?

I always see guys on the road and then they rurn off somewhere? I know there's alot of private property in the area.

It is perhaps at the Range? by the church?

This is coming from Constantia Village by the way.

Hi Guys, hoping somebody can assist?

Is it possible to access Tokai from Spaanschemacht road?

I always see guys on the road and then they rurn off somewhere? I know there's alot of private property in the area.

It is perhaps at the Range? by the church?

This is coming from Constantia Village by the way.

Yes. You hook a right just at the church, and follow the road (through the boom) and go past the site of the Tokai market. Then you follow the road up the hill to the right, and end up at another boom. Divert cuts out a lot of traffic and lands you at the top of Tokai road, just by the manor house.