Additional online event entry charges

Thomo

Since when are additional online charges being levied to PPA event entry fees.? :thumbdown:

It's not a fortune by any means, but why.?

That said, some events are closing in on R200 so I can't help but feel like I'm being milked.!

Are you referring to CSA fees on certain events. Like what additional Online charges.

I noticed certain southern suburbs events is charging quite a bit more than others.

I think to enter Ironman was R 75 for the online entry.

I guess we have to pay for people making things easy for us...

Easy Reg Service Charge R54.25

I guess we have to pay for people making things easy for us...

Easy Reg Service Charge R54.25

For us or for Ironman?

And if you going to charge me R54,25 to enter Ironman which cost about R4200 bucks rather just add it into my entry fee. I will feel a lot better about it

For us or for Ironman?

And if you going to charge me R54,25 to enter Ironman which cost about R4200 bucks rather just add it into my entry fee. I will feel a lot better about it

That was for the Ironman 70.3. Ironman probably more? Is there another way to enter, e.g. direct email and EFT? Then I agree with your point, just include it in the total cost.

And if you going to charge me ... rather just add it into my entry fee. I will feel a lot better about it

Exactly.!

Don't circulate entry fees with the following comment:

"pre-entry fees listed below exclude any additional online charges"

Yes, i agree 100%

on-line was supposed to be more trouble than handling cash etc.

I saw last nite on Dirtopia website thathte on-line entry fee for 24hrs OAk Valley also has additional charges for on-line entries...==> not cool..rather "hide" the fee and make me feel less shafted!! thank you.

Exactly.!

Yes, i agree 100%

on-line was supposed to be more trouble than handling cash etc.

I saw last nite on Dirtopia website thathte on-line entry fee for 24hrs OAk Valley also has additional charges for on-line entries...==> not cool..rather "hide" the fee and make me feel less shafted!! thank you.

If they are becoming like that, maybe we should just pitch up with a bag full of 5 or 10c and say, yes, you think cash is better, more effective and cheaper, good luck.

Exactly.!

Which should be stipulated upfront, and not when you navigate to the online "checkout".

Which should be stipulated upfront, and not when you navigate to the online "checkout".

Exactly, cheeky buggers :thumbdown: They will learn the hard way when people just don't do the events.

Events are becoming quite expensive at it is ... and then you still get shafted with an additional, unexpected admin fee when processing entry. :thumbdown:

Entered the ITU Cape Town triathlon this morning and it was something like a R90 admin fee for a R800 entry, very annoying.

I like to enter online simply because it used to save me trouble on the day of the event.

However, the last year or so, I found that so many more people enter online that the lines to collect your race sticker (PPA rides) have become so long, that it became much more of a pain in the arse than to enter on the morning of the race. The late entries cost more but it was a lot quicker and easier.

The organizers want you to enter online to save themselves money and hassle, and get their money up front, they should make it worth your while to do that, not punish you with an extra fees or inconvenience.