Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules state you can get assistance and parts from anyone in the race, except for frame swap.

Not sure, open to interpretation I recon:

34 Assistance during the Race

34.1 While riders helping and assisting one another during the course of the race is accepted as standard cycling practice, UCI pro-elite category riders may not receive on going, persistent and regular assistance from any other team which does not compete in the same racing category and which would have the effect of giving those UCI pro-elite category riders an unfair advantage.

34.2 The commissaire shall be entitled, at any stage during or following completion of the race, to rule:

34.2.1 that a team has contravened this rule 34; and

34.2.2 on the applicable penalty/ies as a consequence of such contravention, and any such ruling by the commissaire is final and binding.

34.3 For the purposes of this rule 34, “on-going assistance” is defined as supporting, or intending to support, the assisted team with the aim of affording the assisted team an unfair advantage over other competitors in the same category and includes but is not limited to drafting, feeding riders, and mechanical assistance. No towing and/or pushing of any rider will be permitted.

Edited by scuzzy

Absa Cape Epic@AbsaCapeEpic 9h

As confirmed earlier - today's route sees very little mobile reception which will affect tracking as well as race updates… #absacapeepic

noooot really, once they're passed rusty gate/elandskloof they go up groenlandberg. there's a vodacom mast up there, a big one.

RACE 8:57 Word from ground: it was actually @TeamTopeakErgon that double flatted and @centurionvaude donated their wheels - what a gesture

hmmmm, max knox/burry stander bike swap cost 1 hour. how is this really different?

RACE 9:23 @torpadoracing attack on rusty gate climb, they are going for it today. @sauserwind and @frantisekrabon follow at 30sec

that is a monster steep climb. goes on and on.

and on.

sure the boys at rusty gate are going full throttle..roger knows how to put on a party.

Not sure, open to interpretation I recon:

34 Assistance during the Race

34.1 While riders helping and assisting one another during the course of the race is accepted as standard cycling practice, UCI pro-elite category riders may not receive on going, persistent and regular assistance from any other team which does not compete in the same racing category and which would have the effect of giving those UCI pro-elite category riders an unfair advantage.

34.2 The commissaire shall be entitled, at any stage during or following completion of the race, to rule:

34.2.1 that a team has contravened this rule 34; and

34.2.2 on the applicable penalty/ies as a consequence of such contravention, and any such ruling by the commissaire is final and binding.

34.3 For the purposes of this rule 34, “on-going assistance” is defined as supporting, or intending to support, the assisted team with the aim of affording the assisted team an unfair advantage over other competitors in the same category and includes but is not limited to drafting, feeding riders, and mechanical assistance. No towing and/or pushing of any rider will be permitted.

Surely team Bulls, songo, RECM, Fedgroup, Pretty much all the pros are contravening this rule. I must be missing something

Surely team Bulls, songo, RECM, Fedgroup, Pretty much all the pros are contravening this rule. I must be missing something

I think the difference is that they are all teams, therefore not "outside assistance", I think.

We'll probably have to see what happens afterwards?

hmmmm, max knox/burry stander bike swap cost 1 hour. how is this really different?

I believe this is because the actual frame was swapped and there are different rules relating to that....

I think the difference is that they are all teams, therefore not "outside assistance", I think.

We'll probably have to see what happens afterwards?

Well in the sense of the race a team is the two riders. I think its a technicality in the sense that it does not say or but and. the rule is completely different if stated this way "34.1 While riders helping and assisting one another during the course of the race is accepted as standard cycling practice, UCI pro-elite category riders may not receive on going, persistent and regular assistance from any other team which does not compete in the same racing category or which would have the effect of giving those UCI pro-elite category riders an unfair advantage."

very technical

@AbsaCapeEpic: RACE 10:05 Trying to get a better look at @sauserwind for signs of crash, can't see any real damage. @erikkleinhans told us Sauser bleeding

Anyone know what the bleeding was caused by?