Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

Apparently it's VERY wet this morning!

That's make for sticky surface and clogged chains...

Yoh

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So after watching stage 1 highlights I have learnt this.. Specialized tyres suck.. every one on the recm team as well as (sauser and Rabon) had major issues (I am making a mental note).. Schurter is freaking strong.. man is just power. . pity Buys isn't at the same level yet. Max Knox is also very strong. . Bulls seem to have the most reliable gear..hope Huber feels better today. And Platt is just a machine.

Brad Wentzel@Bradwentzel 9h

Looks like a tough day ahead for @AbsaCapeEpic riders. Don't panic @cyclelab_JHB gazebo stocked with chains, cassettes and brake pads.

Absa Cape Epic@AbsaCapeEpic 9h

Today's weather sees a minimum of 16'C and a maximum of 20'C. The rain should start clearing up towards the afternoon. #absacapeepic

Team RECM@Team_RECM 9h

It rained all night in Robertson, weather reports say it should start easing up as the morning goes on..

David Sieff@davidsieff 9h

@FedGroupItec @kevinevansracin @MaxKnoxcycling @neiltchmil @rabiejohann advice for today - consistency wins the day....and spare brake pads!

Absa Cape Epic@AbsaCapeEpic 9h

Defending champion @sauserwind and @frantisekrabon will be looking forward to the fast gravel tracks today. It will suit Rabon's experience

I think all the top teams had puncture issues including stage 1 winners Centurion-Vaude.

Right. . It's raining.. so a stage that was not going to be as tough as yesterday just became a lot tougher.. good luck to all out there.