[Event] Bouckaert-Soenen Road & MTB 2014

T-Bob

I entered the 126km but must take it slow as I am looking for a LSD ride.

Hoping I will have enough restrain not to race it haha.

My hammies is still a little sore after Tour de PPA!

Starting in N group, the PPA website says I am eligible for group I now but I am not going to reseed for this race.

Good luck to everyone!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bit annoying about the extra 120 rand for the chip.. what am i supposed to do with it afterwards?

Come back and do the Argus :P

Entered the 47km Mtb. Can't wait! The weekend needs to arrive now.

Don't let the distance fool you.

There is one hell of a climb about two thirds through the race.

The rest is fairly easy - Enjoy

I wouldn't call the first hill easy but because you are fresh it may appear so! But this race is very enjoyable. Good luck to all and I hope to be there.

First hill is about 11km long, keeps getting steeper untill you reach the tower. Tough climb, but the hill down the other side towards Cape Town is no joke. Most of the field are going to be walking. Doing the road race tomorrow, staying in Paarl we ride that mountain 4-5 times a week. I am sure everyone will have fun.

Hey, where does one find your results if you only road with league chip and not pppa ?

tx

about2time.co.za

Why does only road get prizes??? MTB also pay to enter should the top 3 men and woman get poduim. Does not seem right.

With the elite ladies they also only called up the first lady.

With the elite ladies they also only called up the first lady.

Not right at all the woman train and ride as hard as the men Rotory club will have to get with the times

Why does only road get prizes??? MTB also pay to enter should the top 3 men and woman get poduim. Does not seem right.

yeah i was a bit bummed about that. entry fee plus chip plus 50rand for a day membership to ppa so i didnt have to start right at the back. wouldn't have bothered with that if i knew it made bugger all difference where i finished. i did enjoy it, it was a nice ride but a bit shorter than advertised...

the only complaint i have really (apart from the lack of prize giving which was a bit disappointing) is the signage for the last 10 or so km. a few of us went wrong at one point and i heard a few people talking about the lack of signage when you turned onto the road. no harm done but maybe next year there could be a bit more tape or something.

the worst bit (and where we went wrong) was when you came down the road to the 'dangerous left turn' bit off road. there was a bit of single track and a little descent into a big open space and i carried on in the direction i came down the descent in. didnt go too far wrong before i realised and turned back. there was almost no sign of the right way until you were on top of it.

i don't want to be all negative though because it was a really nice route. i wasnt expecting any single track from what people had told me so i was pleasantly surprised and the views from paarl mountain were brilliant. it was nice to be able to enjoy the views for once with such a long climb!

Thank goodness the furnace was turned down a bit in the Boland region.

Those forkin' traffic cones from 2 kms out often costs someone some high-speed road rash. Eish!

Again today. Hope you're okay, rider.

Thank goodness the furnace was turned down a bit in the Boland region.

Those forkin' traffic cones from 2 kms out often costs someone some high-speed road rash. Eish!

Again today. Hope you're okay, rider.

`those cones appeared at speed, out of nowhere :eek:

Archived