Rockshox Reba travel

BogusOne

How difficult or easy is it to adjust the travel on a Reba dual air fork? Its currently running on 80mm travel but I want to extend it to 120mm for my new build if its at all possible.

Is there any knowledgeable hubbers out their that can guide me or even do this for me and if so what can I expect to pay for this? :blush:

Sorry for posting, I know I read it here somewhere a while back but too lazy to search for it. :ph34r:

Edited by BogusOne

How difficult or easy is it to adjust the travel on a Reba dual air fork? Its currently running on 80mm travel but I want to extend it to 120mm for my new build if its at all possible.

Is there any knowledgeable hubbers out their that can guide me or even do this for me and if so what can I expect to pay for this? :blush:

Sorry for posting, I know I read it here somewhere a while back but too lazy to search for it. :ph34r:

PM Droo. He's in our neck of the woods and can do it for you if you want to.

Alternatively - simply remove a couple of the travel spacers in the fork. Should be that easy... They're little plastic washers with a slot in them so that it can be fitted onto the slider...

PM Droo. He's in our neck of the woods and can do it for you if you want to.

Alternatively - simply remove a couple of the travel spacers in the fork. Should be that easy... They're little plastic washers with a slot in them so that it can be fitted onto the slider...

Im very hands on as you know mayhem but im scared I stuff this one up hahaha.... Don't even know where to start to open it up. Taking it apart is what freaks me out :eek:

You can definitely get it up to 100mm with no issues, but there are only certain ones that'll go to 120. Bring it in and we'll find out chop-chop, and it won't break the bank.

You can definitely get it up to 100mm with no issues, but there are only certain ones that'll go to 120. Bring it in and we'll find out chop-chop, and it won't break the bank.

Awesome Droo :thumbup: Where abouts are you guys?

Awesome Droo :thumbup: Where abouts are you guys?

In the Cape Town Science Centre in Main rd Obs. Opposite the top of Milton road, across the road from Chippies. 10 - 6, Monday to Friday.

In the Cape Town Science Centre in Main rd Obs. Opposite the top of Milton road, across the road from Chippies. 10 - 6, Monday to Friday.

Shweeet. Will pop in some time during the week. Thanks Droo

Easy peasy, took mine's spacer out and getting almost 120mm of travel from it.

Anything specific one needs to know as to opening it up? What tools is needed etc?

Anything specific one needs to know as to opening it up? What tools is needed etc?

My advice, try and take it apart yourself, if all else fails, take it to your LBS with all the parts and let them fix it :ph34r:

Youtube will have a couple of vids on this, but if you do try and take it apart yourself, golden rule - Don't force anything open.

If its QR then the max you "should" take it to is 100mm (so the book says), if its tru-axle / maxle then you can take the second spacer out and get to 120mm.

Not sure i understand the logic but it must have something to do with the strength of the lowers, I've seen other forks running 120mm with QR that never had a problem.

My advice, try and take it apart yourself, if all else fails, take it to your LBS with all the parts and let them fix it :ph34r:

Youtube will have a couple of vids on this, but if you do try and take it apart yourself, golden rule - Don't force anything open.

hahahah soos hulle se met geweld kan jy jou vinger in jou hol ook afbreuk ne .... :whistling:

Nah will keep the force to the minimum should I decide to go that route. :thumbup:

If its QR then the max you "should" take it to is 100mm (so the book says), if its tru-axle / maxle then you can take the second spacer out and get to 120mm.

Not sure i understand the logic but it must have something to do with the strength of the lowers, I've seen other forks running 120mm with QR that never had a problem.

I have a 150mm fork with QR and no problems

I'm very tempted to take mine to 120mm but I also like my front teeth.

Nothing a good dentist cant fix Bobbo :lol:

http://newveneers.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/tom-cruise-before-after1.jpg

Edited by BogusOne

Nothing a good dentist cant fix Bobbo :lol:

http://newveneers.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/tom-cruise-before-after1.jpg

LMAO - probably need more than a dentist to make me look that good