Two Oceans Marathon 2014

TopFuel

Good luck to all the Hubbers with knees still good enough to do the 2 Oceans. I'll ride my bike from home up to UCT to go and cheer you on over the last few hundred metres. It's what I do to say thanks to all those that come out to support us on Argus day!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol ,yep, I'll just kick into granny gear aka walking as per eeeek :thumbup:

<5min/km over Edinburgh and Southern Cross is exceptional, <6 good, <7 reasonable, <8 survival mode, >8 granny gear.

I'm hoping for a reasonable morning across the hills.

Another question I forgot to ask is wrt hydration. When I cycle I usually use 32gi regularly. Shall I just fill up on 32gi 30min before the race(&hope not to pee :whistling: ) and grab water at the watering holes?

I guess it is different for everyone, but when I run I use the 32GI chews every half hour but after having had a decent early breakfast.

I only drink water for the first 10km and then start having half coke half water from around 12km+.

I have been getting mixed answers from different sources....

The question is: Do we have to run in our registered athletics club kit?

The reason why i am asking is: That our shirts are really uncomfortable and "ugly :whistling: ".... and would prefer to run in one of my TRI-shirts.

The reason why i am asking is: That our shirts are really uncomfortable and "ugly :whistling: ".... and would prefer to run in one of my TRI-shirts.

Not really. I know that strictly you should, but no one really cares if you wear your club colours or not. Both of my marathons and the ultra I did last year, I didn't run in my club's (UCT) colours. Not really an issue. Although I dont want you to be cuffed on my poor advice.

The short answer is YES.

When you submitted your application, you confirmed you were a club member. That effectively "discounted" your entry by the cost of a temporary event licence. Runners must have two race numbers, front and back. TOM printed number on the front, temp or ASA licence at the back. If you're spotted by race referees without either, you run the risk of disqualification. ASA rules state all races organised by affiliates must be run in club gear.

The longer answer is: Change your club if the shirt is ugly :whistling:

Edit: Spelling

Further edit: Pin your ASA license to the back of your tri shirt.

Edited by Brogue

Been up Southern Cross 3 times in the last 3 weeks and its killed me each time. For some reason it just feels different on race day though. Good luck to all.

The occasion, support and adrenalin carry you on race day. I don't get close to PB's during training, but they're always under threat during races.

The short answer is YES.

When you submitted your application, you confirmed you were a club member. That effectively "discounted" your entry by the cost of a temporary event licence. Runners must have two race numbers, front and back. TOM printed number on the front, temp or ASA licence at the back. If you're spotted by race referees without either, you run the risk of disqualification. ASA rules state all races organised by affiliates must be run in club gear.

The longer answer is: Change your club if the shirt is ugly :whistling:

Edit: Spelling

Further edit: Pin your ASA license to the back of your tri shirt.

The official Oceans Magazine does say this though:

post-19415-0-14102500-1397572720_thumb.jpg

The official Oceans Magazine does say this though:

Yeah you can run in whatever the hell you like really...

I have done quite a few races while part of my club and do not even own a club vest yet...

Hey Guys,

Did anyones kids do the fun run last year? Not sure what time to get there before the start of the race (i.e. parking, etc)

Hey Guys,

Did anyones kids do the fun run last year? Not sure what time to get there before the start of the race (i.e. parking, etc)

Aim to be on the field ready 20min before start, parking a little crazy with the trail runs and the fun runs, depending on where you find parking there is the time to walk from car to field to consider too... so if you are driving up to campus an hour before you should be comfortable timewise.

Parking for the fun run is quite a nightmare as the trail runs and fun runs all take place tomorrow :thumbdown: , plan to arrive at least 60-90min before the start of your run, gives you enough time to park, and make your way to the start, and get the kiddies ready. Enjoy :clap:

To everyone who has taken part in this thread: a heartfelt and warm good luck to all of you. It has taken many hours of running and suffering to reach the point you are today, and tomorrow it is time to lay it all out on the road. I wish each and every one of you the best race of your year, 56km, 21km, trails (oops).

Hopefully we'll see some impressive times posted here tomorrow afternoon. To anyone who I might see along the way: I'm running in UCT club colours, C25014: Kevin. Come say hi!