Two Oceans Marathon 2014

TopFuel

Right. It's 81 days to go. I have just signed up for my second Ultra. Feeling a bit nervous, but the training is going well.

So, I want to hear:

• What are you running (fun run, 21km, 56km ,trail run)?
  • What are your goals?
  • Any training tips, and racing tips?

I'm looking forward to this event, and I daresay other hubbers are as well.

Edited by TopFuel

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start:

I am running the 56km, hoping for a time of <5 hours (Sainsbury medal). Last year, I ran 05:47, on minimal training, and have decided to give it a real go this year. I'm using Peninsula marathon as both my qualifier and my first long run.

I'm doing the 21km again and will aim for 88 minutes again.

Better start doing speed work.

88 mins is properly quick. Speed work essential. What is that, 4:05ish/km? Are you gonna do Peninsula 21km?

It's about 04:10/km.

Not doing the Peninsula. Doing all the PPA Funrides before the Argus this year.

Also dit the TO 56km in 2012. And did my first Comrades last year.

Did 104mins last year in 21km my first one.

This year wanna go for silver! Longer time after argus to prep, 2 weeks last year was EINA training!

Doing the 21km for a 3rd time ...... training well dont do any. just pitch up and hope for the best on the day ....lol

finished both before the 3h /3h10m min cut off .....(2:45 or there abouts is my time)

and yes i am looking forward to it.... might even train this year.....like Meezo said. lots of time this year to train after argus ..... oh yes must still train for that event as well .... :)

Did 104mins last year in 21km my first one.

This year wanna go for silver! Longer time after argus to prep, 2 weeks last year was EINA training!

Silver is 90 mins right? That's a nice goal to aim for. The extra gap between argus and oceans is nice for that final training push.

You doing any speed work yet? Or that destined for that gap?

i am doing the 56k again because i'm addicted to chappies! hoping for finish time of less than 6hrs to improve my finish time of 5:52 in 2013.

One of the most amazing experiences is chappies, the pitter patter of runners and heavy breathing. Plus the view is not too bad either. I'm with you, one of the best spots in the marathon.

Silver is 90 mins right? That's a nice goal to aim for. The extra gap between argus and oceans is nice for that final training push.

You doing any speed work yet? Or that destined for that gap?

Not yet, never know what to do really for running. Speed work?, run as fast as i can? Daily walk thru my area for me. Lol ;)

Going for my first 56K this year. I just want to finish. i would like to go sub 6 but even a blue medal will be great!

Also doing the Peninsula as my qualifying marathon. The Peninsula will also be my first marathon that I did not have to swim 3.8Kms and ride 180Kms before I could run... :clap: :whistling: :clap:

Doing my fourth 21, wanted to do the ultra this year, but a spinal compression injury last year put that plan on hold.

goal: will be happy with around 1:50.

Edited by eeeek