Burning feet when standing - pedalling

Hi there,

My feet starts to burn when I stand up pedalling. Normally on the outside of my feet.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Any advice?

It burns like hell........ :eek: :blink:

Another option is to move your cleats slightly, often the burning feeling is due to the bones in your foot (forget what they called) being crimped. Also wider shoes can help.

Careful with applying inners to your shoes. I once went for the BG bike fit at Concept Cyclery and they insisted that I fit inners (they basically try sell you as much as they can). Thereafter, my comfortable shoes started giving me pins and needles and I tossed them.

As for potential causes of your issue, ensure that your cleats are positioned correctly? Perhaps try move them back on your shoes?

..................often the burning feeling is due to the bones in your foot (forget what they called) being crimped. Also wider shoes can help.

The MTP joints?

Problem could be compression of nerves in your feet, commonly caused by shoes that are to tight over the fore foot / ball of your foot region or your cleats are to far forward.

Cleats being to far forward increases muscle / tendon tension in the foot and calf which can add pressure to the nerves in your foot.

Edited by SwissVan

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem. I moved my cleats as far back as possible and it worked for me. No more burning feet on long rides?

If it's the outside of your feet I would look at shoe tightness -- middle and toe -- first.

Inners are for the knees, and the ball and arch of your feet.

Personally I prefer the Sidi inners: a flat, very thin piece of cardboard.