The Classics

T-Bob

Wtf Movistar?

Gotta love the cycling caps on podium steps 1 and 3

Pick some nits why don't you? WTF? Why moan about this?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick some nits why don't you? WTF? Why moan about this?

Lil' edgy you are, Cellar.

I have my reasons to moan about caps.

Why moan about my moan?

Edited by ' Dale

NEW BIKE TECH FROM LBL

Specialized confirmed that Kreuziger was aboard a prototype frame on Sunday, but would not provide details on the bike.

“Specialized relies on feedback from professional athletes in developing and testing advanced prototypes in real-world applications. We call these bikes Project Black,”

Specialized spokesperson Chris Reikert

Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/04/bikes-and-tech/spotted-kreuziger-rides-new-specialized-road-frame-liege_325609#H50txYvFVPQRmd1L.99

post-12015-0-63817000-1398710008_thumb.jpg

So we are done for the 2014 Classics. LBL was a fast tough one, hard to break with attacks and real bad luck for Dan. Good to see Mikal up there, expect to see more of him in the future I reckon. And a nice guy: reserved, no show-boating, and letting the action speak.

Nowhere near done with Classics

Summer Classics and Autumn Classics to come and we still have Ill Lombardia to look forward to :clap:

Nice analysis of how the results over the Classics may reflect parity (level playing field) with not one team or individual dominating.

Really hope so.

See velonews main page.

Watched it this morning too

OGE do it so well

Really dig this team

Gerro's wife also in the mix

You hear they wanna wear pink as well at the opening TTT at Giro - another OPQS vs OGE battle?

Very appreciative and insightful segment on the life of a domestique:

A word or three should be spared too for Katusha’s Caruso, who was caught within sight of the line after a hugely spirited effort alongside Domenico Pozzovivo. Caruso reflected at the end on the emotional toil of coming so close to a major win only to be overtaken in the final meters. “I think I’ll experience this sadness for a very long time because chances are I won’t find myself in such a position to win such a big race in the future,” he said.

“I had good condition and when ‘Purito’ went out of the race, we were given the freedom to ride for ourselves and I was ready to do that. I’ve done everything in the past few weeks to have good condition. I’ve been away from my family now for almost a month and a half so I dedicate this ride to my children whom I haven’t seen in such a long time."

And there, in a nutshell, is the fate of the domestique. They work so very hard to attain good condition in the first place, then toil away in the service of their leader to try to deliver him to victory. There are times however, when a domestique may be in the form of his life and even stronger than his leader, but they so rarely get the chance to show us – and themselves – what they can do.

PezCycling

post-12015-0-63540000-1398803125_thumb.jpg

Very appreciative and insightful segment on the life of a domestique:

A word or three should be spared too for Katusha’s Caruso, who was caught within sight of the line after a hugely spirited effort alongside Domenico Pozzovivo. Caruso reflected at the end on the emotional toil of coming so close to a major win only to be overtaken in the final meters. “I think I’ll experience this sadness for a very long time because chances are I won’t find myself in such a position to win such a big race in the future,” he said.

“I had good condition and when ‘Purito’ went out of the race, we were given the freedom to ride for ourselves and I was ready to do that. I’ve done everything in the past few weeks to have good condition. I’ve been away from my family now for almost a month and a half so I dedicate this ride to my children whom I haven’t seen in such a long time."

And there, in a nutshell, is the fate of the domestique. They work so very hard to attain good condition in the first place, then toil away in the service of their leader to try to deliver him to victory. There are times however, when a domestique may be in the form of his life and even stronger than his leader, but they so rarely get the chance to show us – and themselves – what they can do.

PezCycling

post-12015-0-63540000-1398803125_thumb.jpg

I am very keen to get the book "domestique".

I am very keen to get the book "domestique".

The one by Charlie Wegelus? Not that great a read.

It's pretty average to be honest.

You mean just like his career as a cyclist?

It's pretty average to be honest. I use this for reviews: http://inrng.com/books/

Next on the list is 'Faster'.

I'm halfway thru and loving it!

You mean just like his career as a cyclist?

Indeed.... but it wasn't even interesting

Ok then! I will rather get "faster" instead

Lil' edgy you are, Cellar.

I have my reasons to moan about caps.

Why moan about my moan?

Made me curious. Wanna share?

Made me curious. Wanna share?

Baseball caps are for baseball

(The wtf earlier was tongue-in-cheek)

Edited by ' Dale