I hate pop up adds

BC Blits

I love the content and what has been done on the site

When i get the third pop up add in my face within a minute it led me to posting this note

Please look at my history , i do not post many comments

Adds are fine and are required to run the site and cover costs

If you want me to come back on a regular bases get rid of the pop up in your face irritating adds

I am getting to the point of having a negative experience to the adds being shoved in my face on site after site.

If you want you can pole the site and take the comments from there

As for me i will most probably be visiting the site only when i have to from now knowing i have to deal with the pop ups when i do

Aside from an occasional demographic survey popup in the lower right corner we do not run pop up advertising.

Perhaps you could send me a screenshot?

matt@thehubsa.co.za

Are the pop-ups opening in a new window? A quick bit of detail around that you might find useful.

The companies that run Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads and most 3rd party ad modules have basic IP tracking installed, this means if you go to Zando.com for instance and view men's shoes you will most likely have men's shoes ads from Zando.com following you around the inter webs regardless of which website you are on...you may have seen something similar to this. Now the same happens if you have browsed to a website of questionable standards, you will then be plagued by ads or pop-ups for these websites or their "sister" organizations.

What makes this interesting now though is that most the companies running these ad modules have shares in large social media companies, meaning if you log onto Facebook from your phone as well as your PC they will be able to see that the 2 IP addresses are linked to the same person...thus what you view on your cellphone can carry over to what you view on your PC.

So if the ads are in a new window it may be down to something related you had viewed, completely unavoidable for a website open in a separate window, and also very questionable marketing tactics and frowned upon by most in the industry...so normally a dodgy site.

Hope that helps?

This should be posted in the computers and tech thread, and the OP should give his system details.

If you want you can pole the site and take the comments from there

Ubuntu 12.04, Firefox 26.0, AdBlock+, Ghostery, DoNotTrackMe, NoScript add ons. I don't ever see any ads.

One of the adda has a mouse over type of event added to it. Left hand side of page. Caught me as well. Irri-????-tating to say the least

One of the adda has a mouse over type of event added to it. Left hand side of page. Caught me as well. Irri--tating to say the least

If you catch the brand or company or even get a screenshot please let me know - we don't allow any popups on mouse over from advertisers.

I don't get any pop ups, no matter what computer I use. OP probably has adware or spyware installed.

One I saw was private property or property 24

Something like that if it comes up again il send you a screen shot matt

I don't get any pop ups, no matter what computer I use. OP probably has adware or spyware installed.

That's true. I just realised I don't get any on my win 7 box. On that I'm running bog stock chrome with no addons. Do you even get addons with chrome?

Archived