powdercoat vs anodize

zniper

Joh, people can change their opinion about things so much...so maybe I can too..  :ph34r:

Patch, I might not like you anymore, but I still like the colours of your Sukuma  :thumbup:

You have a eye for these things for sure...just not 100% sure I like the fact that you are thinking about putting white decals on the sexually frustrated frame - white is boring and 'cheap'...

That's the thing with subjective stuff like colour combinations... No fact to base it on, just what you think looks good... 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joh, people can change their opinion about things so much...so maybe I can too..  :ph34r:

Patch, I might not like you anymore, but I still like the colours of your Sukuma  :thumbup:

You have a eye for these things for sure...just not 100% sure I like the fact that you are thinking about putting white decals on the sexually frustrated frame - white is boring and 'cheap'...

Lumo Yellow  :thumbup:

You strip the frame yourself?

Considering this for my EMD Niner - she needs some TLC

Nope. The frame as pictured in the complete bike isn't the same frame as the one I anodised. I managed to get a blank one from Morewood that had no paint on it.

But it still required a chemical prep of sorts. And I know Astro can chemically strip your current paint off too.

I asked them for a worst case for the whole job and they quoted about R515. Because I didn't go for a polished finished, the final price was R349

Nope. The frame as pictured in the complete bike isn't the same frame as the one I anodised. I managed to get a blank one from Morewood that had no paint on it.

But it still required a chemical prep of sorts. And I know Astro can chemically strip your current paint off too.

I asked them for a worst case for the whole job and they quoted about R515. Because I didn't go for a polished finished, the final price was R349

Awesome. That's still a very good price indeed.

Guest notmyname

That's for nothing.

Bargain  :thumbup:

how much was shipping?

I'm not sure what their shipping rates are. Their factory is about 25min from my office, so I just drove through. But I'm pretty sure they can ship it back to the cape.

Black fork yes... (but have you seen the price of a Pike :eek: )

I can change it to black for you if you like.... next weekend.... :) I am spraying matt black on some plastic bike parts anyway, so its not a lot of extra work (seeing as you will be cleaning it etc... :)  )

Yeah. Okay. the frame looks gorgeous by itself, but I think it's the mismatched nature of the parts that's doing it a dis-service. Reckon it'd look farr better with a black fork, black grips and bash and so on... 

I recon it would looks all kinds of crazy hot with a black fork.

The white fork is nice, but I can see where you guys coming from with the black. Especially seeing as part of the rear triangle is black. Maybe get some wrap and see how it looks. Of course this is entirely up to you.

Forget about my white fork guys! that bike had it's make-over months ago! :lol:

The purple peril is the bike currently on the operating table! And don't worry, it has a black fork.

That purple one looks nice. Made me think about redoing my shova