Enduroman Franschhoek - 27 sep 2014

Shebeen

So, has anyone entered this yet?

2.5km swim, 90km mtb 21km trail run.

R1500 entry.

Seems like the real deal, same okes as transkaroo mtb race.

Know the area pretty well the start/finish is the amazing Bells fly fishing lodge (which has unfortunately crumbled to a heap of cr@p). I think the lap format has forced the route away from what could have been something quite spectacular(esp the run route), but that's just the way things work.

http://enduroman.co.za/index.htm

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not entered yet, but plan to enter soon, looks like a nice event, going to be a toughie.

Lank expensive though :ph34r:

So, has anyone entered this yet?

2.5km swim, 90km mtb 21km trail run.

R1500 entry.

Seems like the real deal, same okes as transkaroo mtb race.

Know the area pretty well the start/finish is the amazing Bells fly fishing lodge (which has unfortunately crumbled to a heap of cr@p). I think the lap format has forced the route away from what could have been something quite spectacular(esp the run route), but that's just the way things work.

http://enduroman.co.za/index.htm

I will enter and we can put a prize on it Shebeen? (Say, maybe a bag of speckled eggs in a picnic?!)

I will enter and we can put a prize on it Shebeen? (Say, maybe a bag of speckled eggs in a picnic?!)

I just wonder if I'll pass you on the bike or can you hold out till the run?

I'm only starting my enduro MTB and trail running 'career' in April this year after the season's road- tri events. I don't think I'll be up for this in Sept as I plan to learn the basics through the 'off-season'.

But it looks like a really great course and I'll definitely keep an eye on the event for next year...

• 2 months later...

Its official - entries are open for Enduroman South Africa being hosted in the beautiful Franschhoek Wine Valley.

2.5KM SWIM | 92KM MTB | 21KM RUN - SOLO ENTRY ONLY - YOU KNOW YOU CAN

Only 300 entries up for grabs in 2014!!!

Visit www.enduroman.co.za for full details and entry options.

Its official - entries are open for Enduroman South Africa being hosted in the beautiful Franschhoek Wine Valley.

2.5KM SWIM | 92KM MTB | 21KM RUN - SOLO ENTRY ONLY - YOU YOU YOU CAN

you guys secured all the permissions?!

This race sounds incredibly hard - 2500m of climbnig on the bike leg and 350m of climbing each run loop x3

How fit do you need to be for this type of race - iron man fit?

This race sounds incredibly hard - 2500m of climbnig on the bike leg and 350m of climbing each run loop x3

How fit do you need to be for this type of race - iron man fit?

IM fit may well help you but our suggestion is that you are rather Enduroman fit.........YOU KNOW YOU CAN

• 3 weeks later...

2.5KM SWIM | 92KM MTB | 21KM RUN - SOLO ENTRY ONLY - YOU KNOW YOU CAN

Is the MTB leg very technical?

Is the MTB leg very technical?

going to go with my unverified idea of where the route will be to say - no.

there will be the odd steep rocky section up and down, but a lot of forestry tracks. this race is all about the distance.

organisers seem to be monitoring this, AND they just sent out a mailer saying that entries are limited. i'm sitting on the fence a bit for now...lots to happen between now and then.

So if it's in September, that means plenty of time to train :ph34r:

Plenty of time to rain you mean ;-)

Archived