Worst Cycling Purchase

MrJacques

worst buy ever - buying the specialized sworks...haven't had so much **** with a bike in a long time

look S track pedals

i adore my s-works epic but my god that bike is ridiculously high maintenance! i had no idea.. thousands of rand in upkeep since i got here in nov and i only got the bike in may..

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i adore my s-works epic but my god that bike is ridiculously high maintenance! i had no idea.. thousands of rand in upkeep since i got here in nov and i only got the bike in may..

good luck.,the costs will just be getting more.My bike overnights more at the LBS than in my own garage

My worst was a pair of First Ascent baggies.Worst shorts I have ever purchased

I wore my FA baggies on my first race - Sabie exp.- .Next issue of BICYCLING mag my photo appeared above the heading " BUTT UGLY " . My lawyers are still talking to theirs . Ha ha

Bought on Saturday, a Mountain King 2.2 tyre. Too skinny, used it on two rides and have now taken it off.

R450 wasted......

must be the camelpak, i never use. got it with my first bike, after 5 rides realized water-bottle is the way to go.

Try using a bottle on a multi stage race like Epic in 42 deg C and badly spaced water points ( Circa 2006 Epic !! )

You just aint gonna make the stage :thumbdown:

I have used a Polar CS300 for over 6 years now, both on road and MTB. They are particularly susceptible to external electro magnetic influence( Train lines, Power lines etc)

You have to mount the magnet and transmitter as close as possible to the receiver.

Agree, my CS300 is a P.O.S. Never again!

MY pocpac works. Whats the problem?

1. displayed size v actual size

2. the seam ripped after the second use

Bought Taxct rollers, then after that bought new 29er it does not fit nomatter how far I stretch the band!

Did these guys that designed it not think ahead for next generation bikes?

RavX 'carbon' handlebar plugs for close on 2o0 Zronts from .... Cajee's

Only really have myself to blame for that one.

a R99 floor pump from cash converters stopped working after 4 months the footstand thingie had already snapped off ...I put it down to school fees and threw it in the bin. Am now looking out for a decent one and will spend a bit more this time.

Archived