Worst Cycling Purchase

MrJacques

My avids. However the positive thing about them is that you feel like you have birds following you the whole ride due to the bloody noise they make ! And YES i have tried organic pads haha

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a R99 floor pump from cash converters stopped working after 4 months the footstand thingie had already snapped off ...I put it down to school fees and threw it in the bin. Am now looking out for a decent one and will spend a bit more this time.

um.. somehow this doesn't seem fitting. surely you'd have known in advance of the purchase that it was going to be ****?

um.. somehow this doesn't seem fitting. surely you'd have known in advance of the purchase that it was going to be ****?

hey I'm an optimist....nope I felt more like an idiot. It was a new one not second hand you know they sell new stuff as well and I did expect it to last a little longer than 4 months hell it even had a pressure gauge lol ...

Bought a Ghost ASX from Cajee's

Worst bike, and worst bike shop

What was wrong with the Ghost?

Where to start on my list of lemons:

1. Battaglin steel frame (looked cool but crap bike)

2. Tacx IFlow VR Trainer (probably good but hardly used)

3. Any S-Works tyres (Prone to sidewall cuts)

4. Eggbeaters (require too much maintenance)

5. Giant side entry bottle cage (one bump and the bottle pops out)

6. Specialized TT Aero bottle (same as above)

7. Commuter bike.......what was I thinking - now commute on my road bike/ cheap MTB........

That's just off the top of my head.

A cheap R300 bike for my daughter from Toys R us. Damn wheels skid around when she pedals and the brakes dont work. Resorted to removing chain, pedals, trainers and now she uses it to scoot around. Good for her balance though.

power balance bands.. :blush:

I only ever bought the cheap R50 knock off ones. I wasn't surprised they didn't work.

post-42648-0-99931100-1394190040_thumb.jpg

Worst lights ever,

bought 2 of the red rear lights(R70 each), one lasted about 2 weeks then it didnt want to switch on unless i applied lots pressure to it, second one lasted a month then battery died

The bin is where they will stay

My Garmin 510

why? i got mine before epic last year as i thought the battery would last better than my 800. i really like it. it didnt enjoy sabie though, elevation didnt really work but aside from that its been no problem plus you can tether it to the bike which i love!

Ciclo 4.11

got it on special from CWC marked down from R599, what a load of cr#p, button-less , resets itself after 12 hours, problem, the wheel rotates once and it thinks the race has started, so if you are commuting to a ride 1 hour away your average time is down the tube and no way of resetting.

Do some maintenance the night before a ride, within 12 hours and your average time does not reset neither does your trip distance for the day.

Spend the extra and get a CATEYE

post-46828-0-07719200-1394442631_thumb.jpg

My first bicycle.

It led me down a path of fiscal ill discipline and dependancy from which i am unable and unwilling to escape

Archived