Campagnolo spoken here.

Cippo

Some help please guys...

I've torn the rubber boot (?) that covers the STI on my Record. Where in Jo'burg can I find one before Sunday?

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some help please guys...

I've torn the rubber boot (?) that covers the STI on my Record. Where in Jo'burg can I find one before Sunday?

10 or 11 speed? Call JJcyling.

Some help please guys...

Sti and record? ?

Maybe ergo for campagnolo record

Lol

Jip,

give J&J a call.

Easy to fit yourself with a bit of lube and patients.  ;)

You just might find 3rd party after market funky colors also at your lbs if you are lucky and in a hurry

Will a compact 11 speed record compact crankset work with a 10 speed standard set up? Looking to go compact to help the ol' legs.

Will a compact 11 speed record compact crankset work with a 10 speed standard set up? Looking to go compact to help the ol' legs.

I think it should.

I know the 10spd crank works on the 11spd setup.

In theory the 11spd chain is thinner than the 10spd chain and I'm pretty sure that the crank blades are the same width as the 10 spd blades.

I think it should.

I know the 10spd crank works on the 11spd setup.

In theory the 11spd chain is thinner than the 10spd chain and I'm pretty sure that the crank blades are the same width as the 10 spd blades.

Aha. So should be all good to go. Now just need Santa to do his thing!

I am running 11spd Super Record compact crank with 11spd chain on 10spd cassette and wheel combo. Works perfectly but I am not running with ergs/STI but down tube shifters and 10spd derailleurs. 

Also have a spare set of red hoods which I would part with for R600. New, unopened packaging.

Jip,

give J&J a call.

Easy to fit yourself with a bit of lube and patients.  ;)

You just might find 3rd party after market funky colors also at your lbs if you are lucky and in a hurry

I found an original pair from Solomons at the 94.7 Expo.

Is there any secret in terms of putting them on?

I spray furniture polish on the inside of hoods when fitting. I use it as well when slipping old tubes over bombs and then cut to size. Helps with your hands when inflating wheels especially in cold wet weather.

Yes it really should. I have an 11sp Record crankset working with the older gen 10sp Record other bits. Shifting is a proper as it ought to be. Don't think you'll run into trouble, but then again this is only my single experience.

• 1 month later...