Karoo 2 Coast 2014

JJBoth

Section 3

11 Climbing: 2.6km 172m climbing

12 Downhill: 2.4km 184m descending

and a little flat section, and then you sir have finished the K2C.

Do not be fooled by the last "little" climb though ;) You will require some reserves....

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

argh Hub your upload sux. Wapad Climb should be the 1st picture. and then the continue correctly.

Also a newbie for this race, flame me if I'm wrong but 1500m of climbing over 100km of dirtroads doesn't sound particularly scary... Very much in line with the climbing you can expect on a standard mtb marathon or a day in a normal stage race.

Also a newbie for this race, flame me if I'm wrong but 1500m of climbing over 100km of dirtroads doesn't sound particularly scary... Very much in line with the climbing you can expect on a standard mtb marathon or a day in a normal stage race.

correct however combine it with distance then you have a different scenario. If you haven't paced yourself in first half & eaten correctly pack tissues in for the last climb.

Jip, don't burn all your matches in the first half. That climb out of the valley (up to the waterpoint with the Massage area, just before you go into the forest) is a bastard. Then the Simola climb is also not easy at all.

correct however combine it with distance then you have a different scenario. If you haven't paced yourself in first half & eaten correctly pack tissues in for the last climb.

Jip, don't burn all your matches in the first half. That climb out of the valley (up to the waterpoint with the Massage area, just before you go into the forest) is a bastard. Then the Simola climb is also not easy at all.

Ah ok. makes sense that if most of the climbs are in the 2nd half you can get in trouble if you don't pace yourself correctly

in 2012 we pitched a tent at the registration venue free of charge i.e. not the camping site which is right next door. It was so cold it was impossible to sleep hence everyone just stayed awake & chatted or laughed at how hilariously cold it was that we couldn't even sleep.

Don't even try to imagine it cause it's nothing like you ever felt before...ever!!....ever!!

I saw some clever people come out of the open & actually pitched their tents within the stables, the stench was horrendous but I would've also done it even for just for 20mins of sleep. If there is really no accommodation in Uniondale then sleep in knysna & drive through the morning or shuttle it if there is any available. I'm in this predicament as well but sleeping in knysna is the most likely option at this stage.

We also camped there in 2012 and did the same in 2009 & 2010 as well.

2012 really wasn't that cold. If you are a regular camper and you bring the correct camping equipment, it really is not all that cold, and the vibe at the registration area the Saturday evening is great and forms a nice part of the whole experience of the race.

The thing about K2C is there are very few flat sections. You either climb or go down. The descents are very fast so it's over quickly, with not a lot of recovery time. So you spend most of the time climbing. The section through the forest is brilliant. Awesome race!

The thing about K2C is there are very few flat sections. You either climb or go down. The descents are very fast so it's over quickly, with not a lot of recovery time. So you spend most of the time climbing. The section through the forest is brilliant. Awesome race!

Truth right there.

We also camped there in 2012 and did the same in 2009 & 2010 as well.

2012 really wasn't that cold. If you are a regular camper and you bring the correct camping equipment, it really is not all that cold, and the vibe at the registration area the Saturday evening is great and forms a nice part of the whole experience of the race.

I guess i'm not a regular camper then, LOL! I slept fully clothed as my sleeping wasnt a Sub Zero one. Didnt even bother showering was too damn cold just splashed the vitals & brushed teeth, got a good & well deserved shower at the finish for riding 4:30 on very limited sleep.

Accommodation sorted, transport sorted (what a schlepp..), 3rd time I've entered but will be the first time I will actually pitch for the start :blush: . After 3 years of mtb'ing I'm looking forward to my first Karoo2Coast!!

Now to learn to pace myself because I KNOW I'm going to start off way too fast!

Also doing the Dr Evil with udxcob. :clap: :thumbup:

I so hope my training for this is sufficient. The Dr is staring to haunt me in my dreams

and time is running out very fast

I so hope my training for this is sufficient. The Dr is staring to haunt me in my dreams

and time is running out very fast

Training, what training!? :whistling:

Just ride yourself into form. :devil: :ph34r:

Archived