Just held up at gun point on Tri Bike

kingalton

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear this dude. Was this on the N4?

happened right here where I circled on the N4

the arrow shows my heartrate jump as I see the basTURDS

post-9048-0-39386300-1392724164_thumb.jpg

KingAlton, as a recent statistic myself, a bit of advice.

Get yourself to a trauma counsellor even if for only one session. As much as I'm sure it feels like it was a minor incident (it did for me too), the rage will come. Pre-empt it.

Absolutely - find a trauma counsellor quickly - I have posted about this before, but it's the one thing I should have done many years ago when I was bikejacked - can't go back, but can help you to not make the same mistake.

Glad you are OK physically - you followed the right playbook - stay alive.... :clap: :clap:

Yo man, thats hectic, glad you are ok and that they only took phone.

Just to add, magalies freeway is not a safe road to ride. There's lots of areas where someone can come out of bushes then disappear back.

It's known for hijacking including large groups of riders, and them picking out the bicycles they want.

So my advice for anyone else using this road, please avoid it at all costs.

rather take the N4.

Absolutely - find a trauma counsellor quickly - I have posted about this before, but it's the one thing I should have done many years ago when I was bikejacked - can't go back, but can help you to not make the same mistake.

Glad you are OK physically - you followed the right playbook - stay alive.... :clap: :clap:

Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it, I have been through much scarier experiences in my life, I have a loving family and support structure who keep me "sane" :-)

Yo man, thats hectic, glad you are ok and that they only took phone.

Just to add, magalies freeway is not a safe road to ride. There's lots of areas where someone can come out of bushes then disappear back.

It's known for hijacking including large groups of riders, and them picking out the bicycles they want.

So my advice for anyone else using this road, please avoid it at all costs.

rather take the N4.

I was on the N4, on the toll road.. is that what you are talking about? they jumped out from the bushes on the left hadn side of the road..

Glad you are OK Alton.

Mate of mine was riding in the same area recently and they walked out from the bushes on the middelman and pulled off a shot into the ground in front of him. He proceeded to charge them with the mtb and got away but could have ended badly.

Think it's best to avoid the area for now.

I was on the N4, on the toll road.. is that what you are talking about? they jumped out from the bushes on the left hadn side of the road..

Sorry I mean, the other N4, the bakwena highway. The one that goes through onderstepoort and alongside bon accord dam.

Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it, I have been through much scarier experiences in my life, I have a loving family and support structure who keep me "sane" :-)

You should also consider involving them in the counselling... they WILL be in a state every time you go out.. not good for them, you or your relationships - trust me on this - they will/should teach you all some good coping strategies....

sorry to hear....look on the bright side.the thieves didn't take the bike(which is more expensive than the phone)

and u would have to walk 80km in cleats(or shotgun on 1 of your buddy's tri bike)

sorry to hear....look on the bright side.the thieves didn't take the bike(which is more expensive than the phone)

and u would have to walk 80km in cleats(or shotgun on 1 of your buddy's tri bike)

haha, would have been a K@K walk..

Glad you are okay

Makes my incident this morning sound like a walk in the park...

Dude, any negative experiences while out enjoying our sport is upsetting..

Hi all

2 friendly chaps (before anyone asks, yes they were black) jumped out in the road, one holding a gun. (it looked like a SAPS service piece)

No suprises here....

Glad you are ok and were not injured, I hope these savages get flattened by a taxi