[Event] MTN National MTB Series #3 Tulbagh Driven By Nissan

WesselvdWalt

At last year's event, I also took a "WRONG" turn it was just after the 1st single track & before the 1st Waterpoint (concrete section), one arrow showed right, but i instead took a 90 degree right turn, instead of just bearing right. Ended up in a ditch/canal was still chuffed with myself cause i had to bunny hop down, when the bunch passed me they glanced & carried on, i soon realised this is a dead end. when i rejoined the bunch i just pretended i went for a leak :whistling: Saturday i knew exactly which route to take & it was only my 2nd ride in Tulbagh ever.

Cant wait for next year's Tulbagh event & Wessel if MTN doesnt want it on their calender tough luck for them but it should go ahead anyway :thumbup: :clap:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this event. Did prefer the April date from last year though.

Pity about the route marking. I started in 75 B, and guys in front of me also took the wrong turn but luckily turned around immediately. I can understand the frustration. Hope it doesn't negatively impact the race so we have it again next year.

Good waterpoints and a killer route. Singetrack. Technical climbs. Will be there next year.

My time wasn't recorded :-( But I guess if I come 95th it doesn't really matter either way.

Oh.. one thing. Please next year just get at least one parking marshall to tell us the parking is full. Was frustrating when we drove all the way in and then found the parking to be full. Ended up parking on the "helipad".

Oh.. one thing. Please next year just get at least one parking marshall to tell us the parking is full. Was frustrating when we drove all the way in and then found the parking to be full. Ended up parking on the "helipad".

For your sake I hope Copperhead is done with this forum, coz he's going to tell you "arrive earlier".. :ph34r:

Fine by me... IF they want to scare away half the participating field :ph34r:

"Looser (Wheeler) was one of the main aggressors and went on to claim the King of the Mountains prime at the 70km mark. Looser together with Topeak Ergon’s Robert Mennen and the Team Bulls powerhouse combo of Urs Huber and Karl Platt continued to exchange blows over the remaining kilometers.

Platt was clearly on form and even after missing a marker and losing his minute lead he managed to fight through cramps and regain the lead. An elated Platt crossed the line first saying “I badly wanted the win” in what must be a massive confidence boost only a week out from starting the Cape Epic. Platt was followed home by Urs Huber who just managed to ride away from Robert Mennen in the last kilometer."

What?!?! Karl missed a markerrrr at t-h-e Tulbagh??? Whats wrong with him, how could he miss T-H-A-T!!!??? He needs his eyes tested man, and it was not like he was in front oh oh wait HE WAS IN FRONT!!!

..... thats how the "anti miss the marker" crew would probably handle this one hehe.

If guys weren't pissed before wait till they see their SA seeding index for the race.Winner of marathon gets a seeding index of 30.I know they weight races differently but they got to look at the bigger picture.I assume they would want people to come back to Tulbagh next year.If you go to a race at some expense,do well then get a crappy index I would not be back next year.

If guys weren't pissed before wait till they see their SA seeding index for the race.Winner of marathon gets a seeding index of 30.I know they weight races differently but they got to look at the bigger picture.I assume they would want people to come back to Tulbagh next year.If you go to a race at some expense,do well then get a crappy index I would not be back next year.

Not gonna derail this thread with boring details but the whole SA seeding index system is whack, not just for Tulbagh. But would like to think we do mtb events for more than seeding indexes... Besides they cannot manipulate a seeding index for a race just to attract more contestants???

True but that can at least be consistent .I just think they have killed Tulbagh off the calendar.During the ride spoke to a number of guys who came down from Jozi,then got lost in race and now get a crap index as well.

Guys,

I spoke to SAseeding yesterday about the index.

The index was incorrectly loaded.

They have a new guy working there and he didn't know that the National MTB Series gets loaded as a A event.

So the index is now as it should be.

Apologies, thanks for bringing it to my attention.