Advice for a Pom wanting hire a MTB

MarkyMark71

Cool, I'll start applying for a Sports Pass now.

Got family in Wales but never had a bike when visiting. I better make a plan next time I'm there.

Sweet! Fingers crossed on the pass.

Let me know when you're next booked to come over as I'll happily take a few days off so you have a riding buddy, should be able to sort out a demo bike i.e. for free, for your trip as the local bike shops love me.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What size bike do you need?

Hey Iwan,

Depends buddy, 26" I'm good with a large, 29" I lean towards a medium.

Hopefully this would mean an extra rider for the 23rd March too. Please don't take this the wrong way but I have to ask what's on offer.

Loving this site by the way.

Hey Iwan,

Depends buddy, 26" I'm good with a large, 29" I lean towards a medium.

Hopefully this would mean an extra rider for the 23rd March too. Please don't take this the wrong way but I have to ask what's on offer.

Would like to offer you a taste of South African talent and offer you my Momsen Vipa. It's a Large 29er, but I run a short stem. I'm 179 and it fits like a glove.

Dude, you have no idea of the caliber of the cycling community in SA. It's awesome!

Would like to offer you a taste of South African talent and offer you my Momsen Vipa. It's a Large 29er, but I run a short stem. I'm 179 and it fits like a glove.

Off topic, but did you see the cycle lab thread Iwan, because if you did, you would know that you are 1cm too short for a 29er :w00t:

think you should sell it right away!

Edited by Loupie

Off topic, but did you see the cycle lab thread Iwan, because if you did, you would know that you are 1cm too short for a 29er :w00t:

think you should sell it right away!

Hehe! Makes about as much sense as a Diet Coke with a King Steer Burger!

Not sure if you are sorted for a bike yet, but Ride In Café is just down the road from Jonkershoek (+- 4 hours) rent out Specialized bikes. Have a look here

http://www.ridein.co.za/

You want a nice bike to ride Jonkershoek.

Hehe! Makes about as much sense as a Diet Coke with a King Steer Burger KFC Bucket!

edit: Corrected :ph34r:

Not sure if you are sorted for a bike yet, but Ride In Café is just down the road from Jonkershoek (+- 4 hours) rent out Specialized bikes. Have a look here

http://www.ridein.co.za/

You want a nice bike to ride Jonkershoek.

Just down the road = +/- 4hrs?

Bliksem...

Cheers all,

Hey Iwan, that looks like a great bike and I may well take you up on that although Ratty (hey buddy) has mentioned that Ride-In have Spesh. I've demo'd one of the new Stumpjumpers with the Pikes and it was awesome so I might see what they've got and hire for a week in case I get some more brownie points in.

Hey Loupie,

I can see, everyone has been great. I ride with guys from SA and NZ all the time here in the UK and I can certainly hold my own but this sounds like it's on a different level and a challenge is always a good thing.

Everyone,

I'm more than happy for this to be thrown open to anyone, 23rd March, the more the merrier, and it'll probably give everyone a chance to spot the Pom with the sunburn:). Seriously though, the more the merrier, riding, like drinking is so much better with company.

Have a good day and a great weekend.

Cheers all,

Hey Iwan, that looks like a great bike and I may well take you up on that although Ratty (hey buddy) has mentioned that Ride-In have Spesh. I've demo'd one of the new Stumpjumpers with the Pikes and it was awesome so I might see what they've got and hire for a week in case I get some more brownie points in.

Hey Loupie,

I can see, everyone has been great. I ride with guys from SA and NZ all the time here in the UK and I can certainly hold my own but this sounds like it's on a different level and a challenge is always a good thing.

Everyone,

I'm more than happy for this to be thrown open to anyone, 23rd March, the more the merrier, and it'll probably give everyone a chance to spot the Pom with the sunburn:). Seriously though, the more the merrier, riding, like drinking is so much better with company.

Have a good day and a great weekend.

If you can get your paws on Iwans Vipa just do it, you wont regret it.

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon all,

Work has been mad but only 4 days left til I get on a plane. 6 days in Botswana before heading to CT and the chance to ride.

I'll be out of comms whilst in Botswana due to limited charging capabilities but I'm really hoping to see some of you out on the 23rd.

I'll be in touch with you Iwan to see if we've got a green light still.

Just going to kick back with a few beers for the 6 Nations.

Have fun guys

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks buddy, arrived in CT late last night after a jaw dropping experience that I will never forget.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get to see some of you tomorrow.

Cheers

Mark