GT Zaskar Team vs Niner Air RDO Frames

Guest Travis.

Guest Travis.

Hi guys/gals.

My cuzzie has a choice between the 2 frames.

I know which one I'd take, but my opinion doesn't matter in this scenario.

Please give input on which frame and why.

Guest Travis.

So far it seems like my idea is pretty spot on. Except for jcmeyerSS with a blinder. Although we all know that your GT is something else aka steel, SS, rigid, a love child, etc.

Niner...those GT's are nice frame and very good looking, but the RDO has that something you can't put your finger on that makes you want it....

Get it in green if you can, pair with a lefty and you have a worldclass racing machine....will be sick

Edited by rouxtjie

Really.... my daughter and husband are fighting over the GT Zaskar Team. She lives in the States, and he wants it home. Now she is sponsored by Raleigh we see....Just bought hubby a Momsen to wait it all out. Personaly, like the Momsen, and the GT

So far it seems like my idea is pretty spot on. Except for jcmeyerSS with a blinder. Although we all know that your GT is something else aka steel, SS, rigid, a love child, etc.

haha fair enough

What size GT, if its the small carbon 29er frame, then it is one of the sexiest frames around ( Dif from the larger sizes in that it does not have the triangle and the curve of the top tube is awesome.

Also, the GT had a dropout which can be swopped from vertical to sliding dropout, not sure the 2014 model has this.

Also, great tyre clearance and I think better routing than the Niner.( If its an older model Niner)

The choice is not so clear.

I have the Niner Air 9 RDO (in green) and I love it.

Stiff enough to feel like all your energy is making you go forward but compliant enough not to feel beaten up after 6 hours in the saddle. Gotta love carbon - you can wrap it up anyway you want it - vertically compliant and horizontally rigid.

As the others have said - Niner have got the 29er geometry dialled.

Niner being all niche and 29er only is also as sweet as their California cool styling....yes I am a Ninerphile.

GT make some great bikes but it's all Toyota/vanilla compared to Niner.