[Event] Suikerbosrand Route 42 Mtb Classic 2014

trek2300

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I want to enter and the online entries site is 'down' :cursing:

Apologies, the system was busy verifying if i was actually going to ride after i pulled out of the last 2 MTB races.

Apologies, the system was busy verifying if i was actually going to ride after i pulled out of the last 2 MTB races.

Tjop ;)

OK now I am also in :)

Suikerbosrand Route 42 MTB Classic 2014

http://www.cycleevents.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/R42-logo.jpg Event Date: 6 April 2014 Entries Close: 4 April 2014 at 12:00 Venue: Nigel Italian Club Province: Gauteng Distance: 75km (R160), 35km (R130), 10km (R20) Starting Time: 08:00 Timed By: SS Timing More Info:

- See more at: http://www.cycleevents.co.za/mtb-events/suikerbosrand-route-42-mtb-classic-2014/#sthash.0TZVKqGq.dpuf

The route was challenging but also fun in a number of places.

Hated it as much as I enjoyed it - only due to my lack of riding lately.

Garmin wasn't charged, so I rode blind, and it broke me to see that 30Km to go sign on the district road.

Big up to the organisers for a well planned route.

Got beaten by three ladies, two of which passed me inside the final 1km (well done ladies).

Edited by geraldm24

did the 35km with my laaitjie... his first 35km race. managed to come in just under 2 hours, must say I really enjoyed taking it easy and really enjoyed the route. All round was a good day out

Edited by Face Plant

Well marked and marshaled i enjoyed the 35K route, R42 organizers can be applauded for doing a great job. Nice seeing some old hubbers and meeting new ones.

Good fun ride. I remembered why I have such a love/hate relationship with cycling. The rocky climbs was a total mess as most of the people klapped a toon. Before those I sukkeled, big time. After that it all started coming back to me and on the climbs after the rocky ones I felt much better. Happy with my time, and I'm glad this was my first race after 6 years of the bicycle. It was brilliant to see old Hubbers, even though I was informed of my fashion faux-pas. But WTF cares right.

Last year I moaned about route marking and this year I must say well done guys! Marking was excellent and I had an absolute blast :)

It's a tester for sure that route :thumbup:

This bike has one or 2 issues (bar ends on risers, saddlebag and so on) but it does belong to a 'noob' :ph34r: :ph34r: ;)

post-271-0-06240700-1396847358_thumb.jpg