My 26er is back..

Azza

The Epic is not the come all and go all of what encompasses Mountain Biking.

It is a true legend for the "type" of rider and segment of the sport of MTB, but it is just a part of the sport, so quoting the snide comment about seeing if the top riders are on 26'ers is really just a little narrow viewed.

Mountain biking used to be very much a sport of adventure and discovery, the last few years though it seems the general population are treating it more and more as a dirt road race .......

But I digress.

26'ers Aint Dead.

Back to basics ... you get great 26'ers, great 29'er and from the sounds of things, great 27.5's, but in the same breath you also can get really K@K bikes in either of the above formats.

What are you talking about the Epic is the be all and end all of mountain biking. Loads of awesome trails, good single track with time to enjoy the views and banter with your mates. And above all else it is fun.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about the Epic is the be all and end all of mountain biking. Loads of awesome trails, good single track with time to enjoy the views and banter with your mates. And above all else it is fun.

Nothing Wrong with the trails

Every ride should be

with good ST

Enjoy the views

banter with your mates

Judgement on what a "proper bike" is though should not be made on what the race snakes at the Epic are riding though ... this as per the post I replied to.

All in context.

On the bacon vs beer, thing, how's this for a compromise?

Rogue Maple Bacon Ale is a beer for bacon lovers. The ale was inspired by Portland's Voodoo Doughnut's Maple Bacon Doughnut. The beer is accented with applewood-smoked bacon and pure maple flavoring to give it its swine taste.

post-1604-0-76114800-1393574289_thumb.jpg

Nothing Wrong with the trails

Every ride should be

with good ST

Enjoy the views

banter with your mates

Judgement on what a "proper bike" is though should not be made on what the race snakes at the Epic are riding though ... this as per the post I replied to.

All in context.

Yeah, I am agreeing with you completely :)

I would never solely base my views on what bike to buy on what the pros are riding at an event like the Epic.

Was at work rather early and slipped out for a great coffee and pastry ... met other friends their a few moments later ... great way to start the day.

The purpose of this post ... well my bicycle took me there, and for that I am grateful!

post-5403-0-87324600-1393574794_thumb.jpg

On the bacon vs beer, thing, how's this for a compromise?

Rogue Maple Bacon Ale is a beer for bacon lovers. The ale was inspired by Portland's Voodoo Doughnut's Maple Bacon Doughnut. The beer is accented with applewood-smoked bacon and pure maple flavoring to give it its swine taste.

That'll go nicely with that feather boa of yours......

................ The beer is accented with applewood-smoked bacon and pure maple flavoring to give it its swine taste.

False advertising! Bacon beer should be brewed from pigs! Not just flavoured like pigs! :ph34r:

What width are your tyres?

1 1/8" at the moment. I am going to get me a set of 24 x 1.8" with knobblies, so I can ride a wider variety of terrain. It gets a bit randy on loose gravel with those skinny tyres, guess it is how cyclocross feels all the time!!

And if that freaks you out too much....

http://www.mrbaconpants.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/baconhuggie06.jpg

post-13006-0-35168900-1393575199_thumb.jpg

post-13006-0-43935100-1393576136_thumb.jpg