Broken eggbeaters - can i fix and how?

Active Monkey

Wanted to do a nice rain ride and 2 km in my pedal slipped off... Is it busted or can it be fixed and if so how?

post-25934-1393770334,3782.jpg

Those are Candy 1's not eggbeaters. And honestly you'd be better off getting any other pedal. I've had two sets of the candy 3's and they're hands down the worst component I've ever wasted money on.

I've got Candy pedals. Never had a problem in 3-years until Dec.... place in PTA services and repairs them. Your LBS should know otherwise call Finish Line Cycles

Take the other pedal off and what you will have in your hand is a bearing and a locknut. The bearing will cost you less than R20 and the locknut less than R2 but get a washer that fits the shaft just past the thread. I believe this is the flaw in this design. It would appear thta you have lost the oring as well so go to the plumbing section at the hardware and you will find one that fits (R4). So for less than R30 you're good to go!

Wanted to do a nice rain ride and 2 km in my pedal slipped off... Is it busted or can it be fixed and if so how?

post-25934-1393770334,3782.jpg

2 words

Shimano XT! :whistling:

I've got Candy pedals. Never had a problem in 3-years until Dec.... place in PTA services and repairs them. Your LBS should know otherwise call Finish Line Cycles

Hate the Shimano ones will not take any other than candy / eggbeaters

Where's the nut that holds it on? And also the end cap? If they gone then you going to need new ones. Google "bicilletta" (spelling). They are the importers and are extremely efficient. Think they are in Pretoria. Easy fix.

Cant see any nut ? Probably lost it then :(

Those are Candy 1's not eggbeaters. And honestly you'd be better off getting any other pedal. I've had two sets of the candy 3's and they're hands down the worst component I've ever wasted money on.

Thought candys are eggbeaters?

Nice words but I'll top it with one MUD!

True - not the best mud shedding pedals on the market, but bombproof

Shimano XT - I just got back from a rain ride down the spruit, delta and emmarentia...and my pedals are still there :)

I had eggbeaters & candys - to much maintenance. Xt don't look as good but when I'm riding I don't see them...