Databasis

Cois

Siende dat almal vandag 'n fiets wil steel het ek gedink dit sal dalk 'n goeie idee wees om 'n databasis te skep met die besonderhede van jou fiets, dit dan op 'n website te plaas.

Hoefeel van ons weet wat die reeksnommer van jou fiets of selfs jou wiele is???

En dan nie eers te praat van die Polar HRM wat ook altyd saam ry.

Dink julle dit sal kan werk???

Groete

Cois

I think something like this is a very good idea and maybe either the Hub or Falcon Sports or both of us shold look at it. Admin????

One problem though, I know that Cannondale's serial numbers are stamped onto the bottom of the BB, BUT this is then painted over and the only way of checking this number is to scrape the paint off (and I'm not doing that to my babies). But maybe detailed descriptions and pictures cold be stored.

Who else thinks this is a good idea.

Ek het ook gedink aan die prentjies. Dit is nie 'n groot mission om dit do te maak nie.

Ek sien die probleem met die reeks nommers. Is nie baie slim van hulle nie.

This will be an ideal starting point as we will  have a photo description and serials on file, make all the LBS aware of this database as well. Mark your babies the same way you do your electronic equipment at home- engrave a certain area for easy identification. You see  or suspect a bike is stolen on the road or second hand shop it makes life easier for the police once reported. Name and Shame these hoodlums purchasing these machines.

Sounds like a good idea and could be set up quite easily. It is definitely something I would like to do but can only start with it towards the end of the year. - at the moment time is an issue.smiley22.gif

smiley4.gif

Yeah I'll go for this...everytime I see a dodgy oke on an expensive bike I wonder where the hell he got it from..he still looks proud riding the damm thing. Just want to bliksem him and take it away ....smiley18.gif

Great idea Cois...thanks Admin smiley20.gif

"DTsmiley20.gif"

I have quite a big data base of all the Hubbers, their details, their pedigree, their bikes, pics of their bikes etc.  All in a nice Excel sheet. Shurely Admin can use something like that.....?

I have quite a big data base of all the Hubbers' date=' their details, their pedigree, their bikes, pics of their bikes etc.  All in a nice Excel sheet. Shurely Admin can use something like that.....?[/quote']

Thats spooky! hope my credit card details aren't included

Yep, gone there and got nowhere.

The chip for a moving vehicle (car, bakkie, fiets etc.) has got to be worth in access of R50 000.

Hallo!

It's a shame. Why can't the same technology not be implemented just because it's "cheaper?" Masses actually rule the world. Individuals should  take control and put theit balls on the line. Without being BEE acceptive.

we do it - in test mode at present - with sportstrack....

will let you all know when it becomes available in beta-format...

[basically just active rfid tags that indicate their location via sat/gsm]