GPS for MTB (hardware or app)

khm4252

i Rode Holla in dec. I was supposed to do 30km. ended up doing 47km coz i gotlost and they do give route coordinates.

To the point, i would like to have something that tracks my route as i ride then i can checkit afterwards.

I believe Google MyTracks doesnt use data, until you decide to upload the track afterwards.

I believe Google MyTracks doesnt use data, until you decide to upload the track afterwards.

that'll work then i can upload via wifi. Thanx mate i'll give it a try.

I used to use endomondo and it works great...I then got a Garmin forerunner 110 and I must say I prefer the ease of wearing a wrist mount to using a phone and +++ Plus a pleasing Garmin online logging facility that records pretty much all the information from your ride and It also links easily to record your days activity on Discovery Vitality.

Give Orux Maps a go as well: http://www.oruxmaps.com/index_en.html

Great app that uses a number of different types of map datum, also rotates with "Head Up" instead of North Up only like a lot of map programs.

Can also use live data vs downloaded segments.

Export to various other map programs

Import tracks.

Android ONLY.

Edited by capediver

I'm a big fan of dedicated devices - in my case I use a Garmin 500 with HRM. Works great. Mobile as backup (but as a general rule I try to preserve battery life).

I bought a bryton GPS/HRM after trying lots of phone apps which all work great.

Just coundnt help but cringe at the thought of all the hard knocks my poor phone was taking in my back pocket, let alone when i bail!

Now i just have a cheapie in my saddle bag for emergency's,