Mugging on Klapperkop

Scalpel

PV I'm not letting this one lie ... that's my playground ... you don't **** in my playground :(

Mine as well. Will keep an eye out. Hope this is only a rumour. Anybody know under who's jurisdiction (Police station) this part would be? Could phone them and ask them if there were any recent reports.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...have not seen police there in a long while and there are no gaurds or patrols anymore

I ride the Kop at least twice a week and every single time I've been there (usually in the late afternoons) there were police vehicles patrolling the area. A few years back Klapperkop was a dangerous place and quite a few muggings occurred there but that was prior to proper fencing and access control was implemented. I suspect this incident, if real, was an opportunistic one....I hope...

Are you going there this afternoon? See weather is clearing and I would love to go for a ride. Will be good to know somebody else will be around

I'm tempted to hit the Kop for my usual Tuesday afternoon climbing intervals but I think it's gonna rain. Again.

I ride the Kop at least twice a week and every single time I've been there (usually in the late afternoons) there were police vehicles patrolling the area. A few years back Klapperkop was a dangerous place and quite a few muggings occurred there but that was prior to proper fencing and access control was implemented. I suspect this incident, if real, was an opportunistic one....I hope...

I'm tempted to hit the Kop for my usual Tuesday afternoon climbing intervals but I think it's gonna rain. Again.

What time are you planning on riding?

I was planning to go and ride there myself this afternoon.

Was planning to be there aroun 5pm, but some serious clouds building again........seems like it is yet another none riding day. Maybe tomorrow?

Was planning to be there aroun 5pm, but some serious clouds building again........seems like it is yet another none riding day. Maybe tomorrow?

I will send you a PM with my details.

It's not like it's raining outside again... :thumbdown:

Hehe - the plan was for just afterr 16:00 but that was 10 minutes ago before the pouring rain started again! :eek: Will probably look at riding tomorrow, weather permits!

Hehe - the plan was for just afterr 16:00 but that was 10 minutes ago before the pouring rain started again! :eek: Will probably look at riding tomorrow, weather permits!

Kan 'n man net 'n bietjie fietsry.

Yesterday afternoon as I was leaving the office the sun came out so I decided to take a ride up to Klapperkop but because it was so wet, I stuck to the tar sections. Saw a police car driving through at 17:00, so guess it is a good sign?? Couple of mtbikers there yesterday, although it seemed like most stayed on the tar, rain or safety? Anyway, if there is a "rain-break" around 4pm I will head back to KK, and do some of the trails as well, maybe the gravel road along the northern boundary.

Yesterday afternoon as I was leaving the office the sun came out so I decided to take a ride up to Klapperkop but because it was so wet, I stuck to the tar sections. Saw a police car driving through at 17:00, so guess it is a good sign?? Couple of mtbikers there yesterday, although it seemed like most stayed on the tar, rain or safety? Anyway, if there is a "rain-break" around 4pm I will head back to KK, and do some of the trails as well, maybe the gravel road along the northern boundary.

Off topic but it's very difficult to do the dirt climb at the back when it is wet specially the last bit to the Towers .

Ja, the back route is hard (for me) in all weather conditions, that is why I like going there it is always a challenge......

Off topic but it's very difficult to do the dirt climb at the back when it is wet specially the last bit to the Towers .

I actually found it easier this morning in the mist and pissing rain. Couldn't see how far I still had to climb :D

As an update to the original story, still NO confirmation from the original tweeter and NO other mentions of it anywhere, or word from ANY Pretoria based club.

IMNSHO, people that start rumors like this should be flogged with a wet chain.

The gates of the school bike locker was left open yesterday afternoon - looked like an Advendurance race with the amount of cyclists on KK :D

Did KK yesterday afternoon and again this morning. It was wet, muddy, no muggers or any other shady characters. Loved every minute of it. I followed your tracks Riaan (saw on Strava where you went). See you mostly stuck to tar, any particular reason?

Have fun............