Mugging on Klapperkop

Scalpel

I heard a rumor and saw on Twitter over the weekend that two ladies was mugged and knife point on Klapperkop. Can anyone verify this? I heard it was just after the cattle grid close to the R21. Two gentleman jumped out from behind the brush and relieved them from some items.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a rumor and saw on Twitter over the weekend that two ladies was mugged and knife point on Klapperkop. Can anyone verify this? I heard it was just after the cattle grid close to the R21. Two Pigs jumped out from behind the brush and relieved them from some items.

Did a few loops there Sunday morning , nothing seen or heard .

I was there twice on sunday .Lots of riders and joggers in the morning .I saw a police van at about 11h30 at the mentioned spot .I was riding there with my 8 year old son .Recently i have noticed some guy,s walking in the bushes and heard voiced last week coming from the bushes ..It was only time before this starts again .Have not seen police there in a long while and there are no gaurds or patrols anymore

I must say I run into the police there almost every-time . This Sunday I found one van on the back dirt road climb and another one in a car at the cell phone tower lookout .

Recently i have noticed some guy,s walking in the bushes and heard voiced last week coming from the bushes

Well, ****. This sucks donkey balls. I'm there just about every day, and I'm not looking for a scrap ...

What happened to the guards at the cattle gates?

Persons who paid them probably realized they were sleeping in stead of working. Haven't seen them in over a year.

What happened to the guards at the cattle gates?

Gone

I wonder when some of the guys are going to eat biltong on the state's expense.....

I run my dogs there from time to time.

Thought I was going to get the boot the first time but Guard`s were gone already.

I love running that trail and the dogs never chase the game so I don't see it as an issue for the game.

Always wondered when the game would be under threat - access is just too easy off the street.

That really stinks.

Gone

I wonder when some of the guys are going to eat biltong on the state's expense.....

I was having the same thought. Used to run on the Kop regularly during lunch times about two years ago.

Well, ****. This sucks donkey balls. I'm there just about every day, and I'm not looking for a scrap ...

I am also there almost every day. Climbs are a great workhout and always a challenge. Was the mugging confirmed? Isn't there anything that we can do, surely we are not just going to accept it and not go to Klapperkop anylonger?

PV I'm not letting this one lie ... that's my playground ... you don't **** in my playground :(

Are you going there this afternoon? See weather is clearing and I would love to go for a ride. Will be good to know somebody else will be around