Hakahana Enduro

HAKAHANA TRAILS

I just wanted to find out, i posted in the other thread but no on has responded. I would Like to Know if it would be Possible for me to come and ride a bit on Saturday and meet all the guys involved. I wont Be Partaking in the event but would like to come through and maybe hit a line or 2 on Saturday. I will Obviously pay the trail fees for the day but wanted to know if this would be fine?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to find out, i posted in the other thread but no on has responded. I would Like to Know if it would be Possible for me to come and ride a bit on Saturday and meet all the guys involved. I wont Be Partaking in the event but would like to come through and maybe hit a line or 2 on Saturday. I will Obviously pay the trail fees for the day but wanted to know if this would be fine?

Of course you are welcome!!!! This is #Enduro... The more merrier! Just show up and make new friends and enjoy the ride out! Everyone is welcome!

I won't be there, but if you pitch up around 8 for 8:30 on Saturday you'll be able to chat to the guys and hook up with them. They'll ride to their obstacle of choice and session it, just ride there with them check it out and make your own decision whether you want to try it. No pressure if you don't, just walk around it and follow them to the next one. But be prepared to climb, last Saturday's jaunt was 800m over 17km and we skipped SP4. I see Peaches is heading off at 8:30 on Saturday I would recommend this group as there will be some coaching involved so you can steal with your eyes!

However, it's also worth spectating on Sunday as well just pick your preferred point and watch the pros do it and you might even see me doing my spastic giraffe impersonation at the start of SP1!

just entered.  Also my first enduro.  Aiming not to take a tour over the bars!

I'll be there on Sat to practice :D 

Rouxtjie, My Bro and I will be there at 7;30 to check out few lines.

Gotta be done by 10:30 if anyone is around that can show us this dangerous transition would be cool.

really looking forward to this. Will be my first enduro "race".

What an awesome first enduro!!

Met my two goals:

1. Don't crash

2. Don't come last

Will definitely be there for enduro3!

Great event...banter on the trail, the trails themselves, ice cold windhoek afterwards...this is what riding is about.

Bigup to the sharp end....takes cajones to ride those trails at speed

Was awesome, need to brush up on my riding. Big-ups to Johan and his team that put it all together!

P.S. Consider shuttles for the next events, I'd pay in gold and silver

Was awesome, need to brush up on my riding. Big-ups to Johan and his team that put it all together!

P.S. Consider shuttles for the next events, I'd pay in gold and silver

Then it won't be a Enduro.

I Didint Manage To Ride in the Comp Yesterday  but went through for a couple of hours on saturday from about 1 onwards. I hit a couple of the lines with a Friend of Mine and i have to say this is absolutely brilliant !!!!  i havent had such a good time and so much fun on 2 Wheels in a While Nice One Haka Hana This IS Brilliant will Def Be Riding in # 3.

As unfit as I am, it's not horrible climbing/walking up if the company is decent.

Had a flipping great day. I was proper slow but was the first time I haven't gone home from an enduro injured for a change. A happy wife is better than a fast time at the moment.

The courses were sweet. I especially enjoy the way trails are being mixed up, and the small tweaks to the tracks were nice too. (My inner 5yr old may have uttered a small "yahoo" on that berm after the DVD drop)

Looking forward to the next Hakahana session.

How did everyone find the KZNMTB timing system?

My first enduro so don't know how it was before but it worked a treat.

• Simple to use.
  • everyone starts from standing Start.
  • you go when you ready and not when someone tells you to.
  • No one to responsible for your time but yourself.
  • Instant printout with each SP results to compare with mates
  • final results within minutes of the last rider in.

All in all. seems flawless. I had no issues.

Archived