Hakahana Enduro

HAKAHANA TRAILS

Yip that sealant change was me :mellow:  thanx for the help  :thumbup:  had to walk/jog back up the hill from the end of SP5. Was great cross training ha ha. When I got down SP3 there was 3 bikes after me with punctures. One guys tire looked like a thorn tree after they put all the worms in to seal the tire. I think 4-5 separate holes.

I wasn't there - was running shop back home on the Spruit. Glad Jay could assist.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yip that sealant change was me :mellow: thanx for the help :thumbup: had to walk/jog back up the hill from the end of SP5. Was great cross training ha ha. When I got down SP3 there was 3 bikes after me with punctures. One guys tire looked like a thorn tree after they put all the worms in to seal the tire. I think 4-5 separate holes.

That sounds like my mates bike, 5 plugs in total and he managed to finish all the stages!

It was his first experience of tubeless as well!

I wasn't there - was running shop back home on the Spruit. Glad Jay could assist.

Big thanks to Jay and The Trailhead for their support. Cheers guys!!

Big thanks to Jay and The Trailhead for their support. Cheers guys!!

It's a pleasure Johan. You only have to look back to the first page of this thread to see where our journey together in establishing the enduro trails and this series all began. :)

Awesome event, thank you Johan and all the guys who were involved and helped out! can't wait or the next one!

HAKAHANA 2016 ENDURO CUP#1 - REVISED RESULTS:

Nothing Serious! We added a hard-tail category, made a few minor corrections in the lower half and fixed some gender, age and name mistakes. After all it’s a Series, and these things must be right. :)

Hak 2016 cup#1 Results revC.pdf

Anyone on here keen on doing a ride this week end to go through 3/4/5 sections ??

No experince at hakahana (Busted up my knee last time on the third section)

Very very very easy ride  :)

HAKAHANA 2016 ENDURO CUP#1 - REVISED RESULTS:

Nothing Serious! We added a hard-tail category, made a few minor corrections in the lower half and fixed some gender, age and name mistakes. After all it’s a Series, and these things must be right. :)

Sorry. we just deleted last and replaced with updated, including Robert Frost on HT. Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hey! So entered for the Enduro #2... first enduro event. Any advice for me on minimum gear? Riding a Giant trance 650b, tubeless, CTD rear shock...

Hey! So entered for the Enduro #2... first enduro event. Any advice for me on minimum gear? Riding a Giant trance 650b, tubeless, CTD rear shock...

Sounds a great start! Best advice is come practise before. Thats it! You will see where you fit in and what is required. Theses days most riders wear knee pads, some elbow pads too. Helmets are split about 50/50 full-face or enduro type open face.

Remember this Sunday (24th July) ALL our trails are closed for a running event. Practise open this Saturday and next Friday afternoon and Saturday.

Sounds a great start! Best advice is come practise before. Thats it! You will see where you fit in and what is required. Theses days most riders wear knee pads, some elbow pads too. Helmets are split about 50/50 full-face or enduro type open face.

Remember this Sunday (24th July) ALL our trails are closed for a running event. Practise open this Saturday and next Friday afternoon and Saturday.

Our group will be at Hakahana this Saturday, meeting at 08h00, wheels rolling at 08h30.

Anyone welcome.

Our group will be at Hakahana this Saturday, meeting at 08h00, wheels rolling at 08h30.

Anyone welcome.

awesome, was planning to come practice this sat... will tag along if you guys dont mind...thanx

great... got the knee pads and a full face...will be at practice sat..thanx

Archived