Houw Hoek Tour

Musketeer

This is normally compounded by riders ability in the front. Self seeding system is the only draw back of this tour.

Fair point, it is a pain for someone with technical skills who isn't a racing snake.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't. But hey I don't see the problem with it. Let me try to find out and I will get back to you.

shot

Looks like Sunday going to be a bit soggy.... single speed is going to love the conditions.

Does mean okes are going to be slooooooooooooowwwwwwwww

i was just thinking the same thing in prep for 100miler, have you ever done two laps before? - I suppose only possible on Day1.

Does anyone know if this is possible..

It should be good. I am going to do 2.

You sporting the SS, what gear setup you gonna be riding?

I'm currently on 32x18 but thinking of putting the 20T.

Probably the most ill prepared stage race/ tour I'm going to do in my life... think I'll just hook one of the slow groups and enjoy the ride.... cry in the evening ...... and repeat :whistling:

Probably the most ill prepared stage race/ tour I'm going to do in my life... think I'll just hook one of the slow groups and enjoy the ride.... cry in the evening ...... and repeat :whistling:
not all cause this isn't a race. Just ride it at your own leisurely pace, there is no cut off, no prize giving, no lucky draw just you & the trails. Ride 3 hours or 10hours it's your choice.

not all cause this isn't a race. Just ride it at your own leisurely pace, there is no cut off, no prize giving, no lucky draw just you & the trails. Ride 3 hours or 10hours it's your choice.

Hey Meezo. Yes I am on the SS this weekend. Running 32X17. Was even thinking of throwing the 34 on the front. I guess I am 32 front all the way. This is an easy route. I remember last year it was over in a flash. Look out for me... My SS is raw aluminium. Let me know if you are keen for the second lap and whoever gets in first can wait for the other!! Should be a blast.

Cool, hope to see you there, I'll be riding a white OnOne Inbred, decide this morning, probably gonna stik to the 32x18. See you there, Rain sunday should be interesting especially with the all the brigdes that we should be riding.

Cool, hope to see you there, I'll be riding a white OnOne Inbred, decide this morning, probably gonna stik to the 32x18. See you there, Rain sunday should be interesting especially with the all the brigdes that we should be riding.

no bridges on Sunday only Saturday

I think Meezo is right. There are some small wooden bridges on Sunday. In the forest on the way to Hermanus. Try to get ahead quickly on day 2. Bottlenecks could be a issue. But let's hope not.

i think Meezo was referring to the Paul Cluver bridges. We definitely doing the bike park.