Momentum Health National Duathlon Series 2014

Andymann

Anyone know if this series will be happening this year? The website says dates and venues tba in Feb, but nothing yet.

Best I can find is a twitter link @DualXsa which sort of looks like the old Momentum/PeptoPro logos from 2013, but that refers to only 4 off-road events in and around Gauteng....

Hope they haven't dropped the Series......

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year first race was 7th April so if they are going ahead like last year, it's less than a month before the series starts. Doesn't sound too promising.

Advendurance have taken over the organising of this series.

New website: (old one will redirect shortly)

www.dualx.co.za

Entries open 1st April.

First event end July. Press-Release will go out this week.

4 events around Gauteng in the first year.

I'll create a Event page soon when I have all the info!

Advendurance have taken over the organising of this series.

New website: (old one will redirect shortly)

www.dualx.co.za

Entries open 1st April.

First event end July. Press-Release will go out this week.

4 events around Gauteng in the first year.

I'll create a Event page soon when I have all the info!

Does that mean Andre and Francosports are not involved any more?

I was wondering after looking at his race organisation schedule at Babba's this year.

Hi The National Duathlon Series is a Property of Franco Sport and wil go on,a media anouncement will be out soon (next two weeks),momentum will also stage their own series offroad only,Franco Sport will have 2 road and 2 offroad and Afriman the Final....

This is great, we have the following then:

* Xdirt offroad duathlon and triathlon

* sasol cross offoad duathlon and triathlon

* NAtional duathlon series 2 road and 2 offroad + Afriman final

* DualX series in Gauteng - 4 offroad events

* Miniman duathlon events @ babbas

Nothing like a little healthy competition among the event organisers to (hopefully) bring the prices down a bit, becauase honestly, I feel events are waaaayyy expensive these days

The situation is as follows: Momentum start new events 4 of them all offroad.

Franco Sport will go on with their series started 7 years back.

Franco Sport will have two road events and two offroad events with the Final event as a combination as road and offroad(Afriman).

Format: Road and offroad events will be 5km run 20km

Bike and then a final run of 2.5km run,that is a sprint distance and also ITU standards,the final event will be Afriman with 11 km offroad run 70km road bike( non drafting) and a final run of 5.5 km offroad run.All events is stand allone events.......

This is good for the sport. I hope the entry fees will drop as well

I remember when Andre hosted a miniman almost every second week at Rooiwal Laerskool (10 years ago...... :whistling: ).

Those days were fun, 10km run in the morning, followed by a short late start road cycle race and a duathlon in the afternoon. and then sunday races in Joburg.

We were spoilt for choice.

Also does anyone remember SA Duathlon champs at the monument? Now those were tough.

We try to keep prices as low as can,but what is killing all events is our Federations with levys,calnder fees etc,PPA set the example,remember you the athletes are my clients the event start with you and there our loyaty lies,maybe its time to just inore all these fees and start our own union,because realy what do we get in return?

Very interesting.....So I'm guessing Momentum and PeptoPro have withdrawn sponsorship to the National Duathlon series, to fund their own series?

Hope Franco Sport has managed to get another sponsor on board - these things are tough enough to arrange as it is!