Photos of cyclists during Argus Cycle Tour 2014

sportimages

I hope this is not seen as spam or innapropriate, if so I do apologise and mods can remove however I saw this as the elite cycling site in SA and thought it would be the best place to post this.

I took many photos of riders during the cycle race and have placed them on my new website: www.sportimages.co.za

There is a small download fee of R20 to download the digital photo - this is there to cover my time and expenses of shooting the event etc.

There is a search box, and if you were wearing your number on your helmet or front of your bike, you can simply enter that number in the search box to bring up your photo.

I really enjoyed all the cyclists enthusiasm that passed me, many gave me a thumbs up or wave as they rode past.

All images were taken on the Blue Route highway, naturally I could not get of every rider but I do have at least 1800 photos of different cyclists.

Please have a browse through and let me know what you think. If this is successful, I will get even more photograhers involved next year in order to not miss out on as many riders as I did this year.

Well done to all those who rode and completed the race.

Chris (SportImages)

Although you may well be pushing your luck by putting another company's logo on the photos!

Although you may well be pushing your luck by putting another company's logo on the photos!

You would definitely need permission to use the event logo on your pickchas.

Remove the logo and try get permission to use it.

If the logo was part of the picture it should be okay but you are using it as an add-on.

Otherwise great idea.

I feel ripped off by the other company!

My number 8018 shows me in about 20yrs time

Edited by porqui

finally!!!! someone prepared to do this at far cheaper prices than Action Photo. as an amateur photographer I can never get my head around what they charge to download. I have often thought of getting 5 or 6 other photgraphers together all taking pics at different locations across the route and then uploading them all on 1 website for sale at 20 - 25 ronds each. that's a bargain.

I would remove the ARGUS Logo and have the option if they want the words Argus 2014 at the bottom of the pic when they download.

I will post the link on our club FB page i'm sure you'll get some takers

good luck with your site and sale

Thanks everyone for the responses.

Adding in the logo was in fact oversight on my part, I did not think it would be an issue but should have obtained permission for using it.

In fact I have been it talks with the media team from the event, and they have advised me that they have their own "official and accredited" team of photographers on the day (I was not aware of this when I took the photos) and I wont be allowed to take pictures next year like I had planned.

There was no mention or request for me to remove the logo used from this years event so I will keep it on for now.

So in summary: These are my unofficial photos from the event which I took in my private capacity, if you would like the "official" photos, you will need to purchase from Action Photo.

Its a pitty, as I feel I could really have covered the event nicely next year but lesson learnt, I will obtain approval before hand as to not step on any toes in future.

If you know of any sporting events in western cape that requires some photography, let me know :)

Edited by sportimages

the numbers u using in your operation "belongs" to action photo

hope u understand what i am tring to say