Cycling terrorists

Satan

"tell the truth' date=' the whole truth and nothing but the truth ... m'lord" Wink

[/quote'] That was for the benefit of Pantani ...Smile

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter what was said' date=' shouted or hooted.

It cannot possibly justify them kicking the car. Not in any way.

Can you agree on that Pantani?

I still hope that the club can bring them to account!

[/quote']

Yes, they are all seperate acts, the one is not related to another and cannot be justified as such.

If we could justify all the acts together, then next time something happens I dont like, am I justified in breaking off the motorists mirror?

Can I reach into the window, grab his sunglasses and throw them under a truck??

Of course not.!

Get real Pantani, stop trying to shift blame, kicking a door (damaging property) is a criminal act, irrespective of the preceeding events. 

Pantani you make a very good argument here.I have to concur on the point that you are making here but if I may......

The fact that personal property was damaged instead of the offender/s just stopping next to said vechile and asked whether the hooting was directed to them and if so why would have prevented this problem.

GreyOwl seems to be a decent bloke and the fact that he did not hoot at the cyclists seems to support this statement.Thus the action of these cyclists was uncalled for.

We as cyclists see on a daily basis the wrongs of our ways in other riders then we want to have something done about it.I'm not saying that all of us ride like that or act the way these cyclists did.What was done is wrong yes and we need to adress the problem through the clubs and on club rides. 

I hope the cyclist that damaged the door is a hubber and would be willing to post his comments regarding this incident so that we might be able to resolve this unfortunate situation.

Here in Capetown everybody has ACT fever and it seems to get worse by the day with frantic last minute training.Some of the things I;ve seen would make anybody want to stop and just ask them to rather walk home instead of putting everybody in danger with their antics.

In our chosen sport we will always be secondary road users no matter how hard we try and change this.If we as cyclists driving our cars with the knowledge we have of the sport gets so infuriated by these actions I don;t even want to know what non cyclists in their vechiles think.

I;m not taking any sides here but this is what I think and any comments on this post would be welcome so that I can enrich my own knowledge pertaining to situations like this.

Get real Pantani' date=' stop trying to shift blame, kicking a door (damaging property) is a criminal act, irrespective of the preceeding events.  
[/quote']

Not shifting blame, it's called mitigation. Recognising that it is an offense, but representing as less serious than it is because of the mitigating circumstances.

A woman is repeatedly raped by a relative. One day she decides that she will kill this relative. Killing him is a criminal act that none of us can dispute. but we recognise that mitigating circumstances exist.

am I justified in breaking off the motorists mirror?

hypothetically, if you break it off in an attempt to arm yourself in self-defense against an unwarranted attack by the motorist maybe it is justified.  The point being that we don't know the whole story here only GO, Satan and the 4 cyclists know what really happened and we have been fed the usual one-sided "cyclist is a baddie" line - by another cyclist nogal!

I am NOT saying they were right but it would be nice to get the real story first time round for a change!

Ok...we were coming along TRUE NORTH rd in Glenvista, heading south. We had just left the Glen and shortly after joining True North, I came up behind the riders. I waited, thinking they would move over. But they didnt.

We sat behind them for a good while, and as we came through the right handed sweep Satan reached across and hooted as he was angry. I just laughed, because he was upset and swearing. They didnt respond, so he did it again and we got 'the finger' from one of the riders.

As we come to the top of the sweeping right where the road widens, I was able to come alongside them. I pulled alongside so as to tell them to move over because there was easily 15cars behind us waiting for them...but I did not get a chance, because my passenger told them to move over...followed by a derogatory statement. They shouted back, and I just drove on.

At the traffic lights where we stopped, waiting to turn left, the riders came alongside, the one slowed down, swore at me and kicked the door...then proceeded to cross the junction to his right...jumping a red light as well. We were stuck in the lane turning left, and a lot of vehicles around me prevented me from going immediately right. I had to go up to the next available junction and turn back. By then they were gone. Glenvista is a large place, and I can only assume they pulled into a house or something lke that.

I am not playing victim here. I knew that if it was to come onto a public forum, it would be pulled apart and my morals and ethics as well as non existant virginity would be called into question.

End of the day, these guys were taking up the road and blocking traffic when they should not have. And they should not have responded like they did. But the same goes for us in the car, but we did and look where it got us.

Spidey, vat 'n kleiner tot van daai brandewyn ASB!!!  Die 1 gaan nog lank uittrek en die LBS is ver.

One guy says they waited 30 seconds.. the other guy says they waited a while...

But us Hubber's will sit here and judge...

Whatever dudes... Put it in your pipes and smoke it! What I don't see is a consistent story and that bothers me... Yes a door was booted in and that's not right! But let's hear why they booted the door in...

"(8) A person riding a pedal cycle on a public road or a portion of a

public road set aside for use by persons riding pedal cycles, shall do

so in such manner that all the wheels of such pedal cycle are in

contact with the surface of the road at all times."

I must admit that I have broken that rule...Cry

Sorry will try not to do that again.LOL

I've sat back for a while and watched this until I can't stand it any longer.

Any further questions as to why this was posted, needs to be directed to the person who posted it. As do questions about what that person said to the cyclists.

Simon did not do anything wrong and I'm not going to sit here and watch him being torn apart.

He asked that this not be posted on the forum and he has taken appropriate steps in dealing with this problem.

This isn't an effing court of law. It's sorted, let it go!!!!!Angry
fiasm2008-02-28 01:14:36

We all know GO is a good guy...

But what sickened me is when Hubber's decided to jump on the collective bandwagon and display a prejudice towards the 4 cyclists. They were tried, sentenced and executed right here on this forum by collective popular opinion. I don't subscribe to the school of thought. Never have, never will...

This has nothing to do with playing DA and more to do with the principle of slating people in a public forum. Everybody in my opinion is entitled to a fair trial, be it public or private. So if they are to be tried publicly then let those amongst who understand the principles of fairness stand up for what we believe...

In my opinion it's not so much a case of the individuals that are being tried and sentenced here, although by naming the club there was in intention to try to do that. I think that most people are generalising about cyclists behaviour on the road - which is wrong anyway. The fact is that if you are an inconsiderate motorist you will be an inconsiderate cyclist and vive versa. Satan seems to fit that mould perfectly - as do the 4 terrorists ... apparently.

pantani' date=' you are simply the devil's advocate that we know will always chirp whether or not you actually believe what you're saying!

nah, someone else has already rpoven my poitn.

end of the day, to set the record straight to Backlash, the law states:

Riding on pedal cycles

311. (1) No person shall ride a pedal cycle on a public road unless he or she is seated astride on the saddle of such pedal cycle.

(2) Persons riding pedal cycles on a public road shall ride in single file except in the course of overtaking another pedal cycle, and two or more persons riding pedal cycles shall not overtake another vehicle at the same time.

(3) No person riding or seated on a pedal cycle on a public road shall take hold of any other vehicle in motion.

(4) No person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall deliberately cause such pedal cycle to swerve from side to side.

(5) No person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall carry thereon any person, animal or object which obstructs his or her view or which prevents him or her from exercising complete control over the movements of such pedal cycle.

(6) A person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall do so with at least one hand on the handle-bars of such pedal cycle.

(7) Whenever a portion of a public road has been set aside for use by persons riding pedal cycles, no person shall ride a pedal cycle on any other portion of such road.

(8) A person riding a pedal cycle on a public road or a portion of a public road set aside for use by persons riding pedal cycles, shall do so in such manner that all the wheels of such pedal cycle are in contact with the surface of the road at all times.

please note point 2
Slowpoke, point taken.  But you should re-read my post and also read the whole law concerning cyclists, especially where it talks about where on the road a cyclist should and can ride.  Ask Kona he posted the whole law a couple of months back.

pantani' date=' you are simply the devil's advocate that we know will always chirp whether or not you actually believe what you're saying!

nah, someone else has already rpoven my poitn.

end of the day, to set the record straight to Backlash, the law states:

Riding on pedal cycles

311. (1) No person shall ride a pedal cycle on a public road unless he or she is seated astride on the saddle of such pedal cycle.

(2) Persons riding pedal cycles on a public road shall ride in single file except in the course of overtaking another pedal cycle, and two or more persons riding pedal cycles shall not overtake another vehicle at the same time.

(3) No person riding or seated on a pedal cycle on a public road shall take hold of any other vehicle in motion.

(4) No person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall deliberately cause such pedal cycle to swerve from side to side.

(5) No person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall carry thereon any person, animal or object which obstructs his or her view or which prevents him or her from exercising complete control over the movements of such pedal cycle.

(6) A person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall do so with at least one hand on the handle-bars of such pedal cycle.

(7) Whenever a portion of a public road has been set aside for use by persons riding pedal cycles, no person shall ride a pedal cycle on any other portion of such road.

(8) A person riding a pedal cycle on a public road or a portion of a public road set aside for use by persons riding pedal cycles, shall do so in such manner that all the wheels of such pedal cycle are in contact with the surface of the road at all times.

please note point 2
Slowpoke, point taken.  But you should re-read my post and also read the whole law concerning cyclists, especially where it talks about where on the road a cyclist should and can ride.  Ask Kona he posted the whole law a couple of months back.

Ok...this is currently being sorted out between myself and Ali Mclean. We are getting to the bottom of it, and there is no need for it to go any further on the Hub.

Sad news, Andrew Mclean has fallen at Sani2C, and broken his collar bone, currently on his way to hospital.

Hope he comes right quickly.